The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 02-21-2020, 02:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default First Annual CLP Pick Clinic & Acoustic Jam in SoCal, July 11th

Hi, folks:

Been wanting to do this for several years.

This coming summer, on Saturday, July 11th, I will be doing our first annual pick clinic in Los Angeles. This will be a limited space, invitation only event. Essentially, this is a social getting-to-know you gathering that will include an all-day acoustic jam and very informal pick testing. You are encouraged to bring whatever picks you're currently playing and test ours against the best in the business. Acoustic instruments only, please, no amplification or electric instruments. Banjos will be relegated to a public park 1/2 mile away.

I will also be picking up the tab for pizza and other consumables, so this one's on me and CLP. Free grub and booze. Can life get any better?

This will take place at a rehearsal space in Van Nuys that I've been using for years as a song circle location. Great people, very spacious and professional.

SPECIAL INTEREST IN FEMALE ATTENDEES. These kind of events sometimes devolve into macho gear blustering. I am leaving a number of seats open for any female players who may want to join us. Please consider coming!

Each attendee will receive ONE FREE CHARMED LIFE PICK, your choice of material, color, shape and thickness. No purchase required. This will be a very clean blem, with only minor cosmetic issues. There will also be great discounts on new picks and aggressive pricing on very clean blems and seconds too. But this is a social gathering, not a hard-sale thing. I promise I won't try to sell you a timeshare. If you walk away with a free pick and I make a new friend, that's good enough for me. Again, no purchase required.

If interested, please don't PM me here but email me directly charmedlifepicks @ gmail and supply your name, email and phone. This is going to be capped at about 15 particpants.

EASTMAN GUITARS: We have a very close relationship with Eastman, whose facility is only about an hour from Van Nuys. I haven't spoken to them, but I'm certain they will lend me three or four of their guitars for the circle.

If anyone knows any accessory or (especially) guitar vendors who might be interested in coming on board, please have them contact me. This would be particularly welcome if they are SoCal based. Taylor is not too far away, in SD, but this is a tiny event compared to what they usually do, so I can't imagine they'd be interested. Guild and Larivee are also close by, in Oxnard.

CLP BUMPER STICKER: We have our first bumper sticker coming, we hope by June, or sooner.

CLP TRAVELING PICK SAMPLER: This is something else I've been working on for a long time. This will launch by the end of March. If you'd like to be on the waiting list to receive the sampler, again, please email me direct. The package will included at least twenty (20) of our pick models, all different materials, shapes and sizes. The idea is for each person to have it about a week, play through the picks, then send it one to the next person on the list. I could also use help with a volunteer or two to help manage the list etc. We'll put our stuff up against anything in the industry, and you'll be amazed at how good our picks are.

More specifics to follow.

scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-22-2020 at 12:22 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace