The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-12-2020, 01:58 PM

Blueridge makes some fine guitars in that price range. Maury's music carries them. There are probably many more, but Maury's has several demonstrations of the Blueridge's on YouTube.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazine View Post
Musicians friend stupid deal of the day is their Martin Custom D for 899. All the good woods and hard case. Unbeatable deal.
This was going to be my suggestion too. American made, all solid woods and it is definitely a Martin all the way to the bone. I couldn't fine the SDOTD for $899 but here is the listing for regular price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin/...om%20d&index=1
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 05-05-2020, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Perez View Post
Man! All of those that recommended Eastman, made me change my mindset completely. I saw the Eastman lineup and now I'm thinking about selling my Taylor and buying an Eastman grand auditorium instead of the dreadnought... Lol
Is the Eastman made in China? Personally, I wouldn't buy a $1k guitar made in China, if you can get one made in the US, Mexico or Canada... and I don't care how good the Chinese ones are.

Since I'm also interested in the D10E and the G45, I wondered if you'd made a decision yet, Leo.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

I am extremely happy with my Alvarez md60bg. It is a ridiculous guitar for $599(US). All solid spruce/mahogany, bone nut and saddle, herringbone binding, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, etc...It has everything a good dread needs. It also comes with a nice case. It is a bluegrass player's dream for a guy who doesn't want to spend D-28 money.

In my very limited experience with the brand, I will also add Blue Ridge dreads to the recommendations. Again, I have very limited experience with the brand, but I played one last year that I have never stopped thinking about. It was in the $1k range.

I have played a few of the sub $1k Martin dreads and they are also very nice. I owned a mid 2000's laminate Martin dread (can't remember the model) that was outstanding. My nephew has that guitar now and he still plays it all the time.

There are some great guitars in the sub $1k range. I've spent 25 years playing guitars in that price range, all over the southeastern US. Good luck finding what you are searching for.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion