The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Default Roland AC-33 Review at Acoustic Guitar!

http://www.acousticguitar.com/articl...rticleid=25715
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I thought you finally bought one and had a review. We need another shoot-out of battery powered amplification.
AC33
StreetCube
BA330
and that Carvin unit

edited because I better put some smiley faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:23 AM

Not yet... kinda waiting for a local store to get the Rolands in...No one seems to be able to get them... same as the Yamaha S90SX keyboard... darn
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM

I own an AC-33, and thought the review was bang on, except they didn't rave enough about the sound (if it is an acoustic amp, once you get to a certain point, maybe it can't get any better...?) In particular, I think the reverb/ambience and chorus are the best I've heard in a unit in this price range)

As I've written elsewhere, my only quibbles are:
1. The reverb is assigned to both channels, and cannot be adjusted independently.
2. There is no pole mount (what were they thinking....)

Other than those minor issues (to me), the AC-33 is well worth the money, and I think sounds even better than the AC-60......

(IMO, it is MUCH better than the Cube Street, and I (even) prefer it to the Bagamp (based on its I/O configuration) - others may differ, of course....

YMMV.....

Last edited by BuleriaChk; 06-12-2010 at 09:01 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification