The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Default Some cool projects ahead. What do you got?

Monday I scored a o l d Solid Mahogany/spruce Parlor guitar for $X! It needs everything! Maybe a Stradivarius! Maybe Larry Stradivarius from Brooklyn

Someone used it as a 5 string. They cut off the G tuner and strung it without a high e?

I hope to get the trapeze replated.
The tap tone is amazing. Maybe because of the braces that are hanging half off inside But really a light build. A small side crunch but no side cracks. The top has dips and curves and cracks. The back? I gotta look more at the back. Sanded thin? I have great plans for this one.

Harmony, new guy, Parlor Project 1
The Harmony was given to me by a friend. It sat in a hot cold attic for 35 years. The tortiose binding is dust. the inner binding is fine. I plan on x bracing and new bridge plate, neck reset, new frets......... fun.
My Parlor waiting for me to do phase 2 (fix all the stuff I screwed up the first time.

Last edited by Fliss; 06-08-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: AGF rule 2!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
happiness

Very cool, John, I'll look forward to seeing how that develops (and by the way, sorry but the guitar price discussion rule still applies even when it's a vintage guitar and single figures! - a bargain, anyway!)

Are you going to replace the tailpiece with something similar, or with a fixed bridge? If you're going to replace it with something similar, I have a spare floating bridge that didn't get used on my parlour project which might be just what you need - let me know if you want it.

Fliss
Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 AM

its 3 weeks to the end of school when I'll get locked out of my workshop for two months, so I'm not starting anything big.......

I was given a classical that needs a new top, (back and sides are laminate, but BRW with a load of sapwood!!) and I have an electric cello that I would like to get finished.
I LOVE that guy!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 AM

those parlors are so cool!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair