The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Default QSC E15

The open mic I attend just acquired a pair of QSC E15 speakers to replace a tired old pair of 80s Peaveys. We had a trial run last night with stellar results. We went with the 15s because the restaurant that provides us with a space has a Karaoke night and we thought they needed something that could provide a kickin' bass response.

We will fly the speakers from the ceiling. Let me tell you, after all the love for the QSC powered speakers, I had pretty high expectations and these expectations were exceeded if that is possible. We went with the passive speakers because we have a powered mixer already.

I did not expect these speakers to be so well balanced and smooth. Even new they sound absolutely great. I'm sure we will quickly forget the cost as we use these into the future. The best sound came from the Dazzo pickup equipped guitars into the SunnAudio Blender DI, but every guitar sounded better through this system. No weak links. QSC rocks, but you knew that didn't you?
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification