The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-04-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
I couldn't neglect anything... Been too busy fixing all the stuff that decided to break in the past year. Dishwasher motor gave up, dryer pulley seized, washing machine computer quit, bearing froze up in garage door opener and I had to get a new stove. Come spring my boat trailer needs a couple new ramps, my lawn tractor needs a valve job and the car needs a brake job. BUT, I did manage to get a haircut at a new barbershop and now I look "goofy" (says wife) as the young barber really got carried away.... Other than that, we're good.
Hey Daniel, the barber was probably excited that he actually had a customer!

I don't know if I've neglected anything over the past year, other than having friends and losing track of people.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Put me in the no haircut crew. The last time I had hair this long was in 1978. I have also grown a beard but I tend to it obsessively. I don't think I'm going to get a haircut even when I can. I mean, it took me a year to get it this long.

I work from home and pretty much set my own schedule. I've actually been getting a lot of work done. I'm also a piddler. I can turn a three hour job around home into a three day job. I used to not start because I knew it would take me so long and I don't like to start things and not finish them. But I seem to have three days to do a three hour job these days. So I've done a lot of little projects that I wouldn't have done.

I do miss travelling though.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/

Last edited by rllink; 03-04-2021 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:06 PM

Been able to do most of what I need to do. My wife has been cutting the hair, and it's not bad at this point, she's getting pretty decent at it. I will be glad when I can get a pro haircut again, but we have fun while she's cutting it.

Go to the doc when I need to, they have good protocols. I miss the cleaning crew we used to have do a deep clean once a month. That could get a lot better.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:38 PM

The whole situation has been bizarre. I have loads of time but I can't seem to get anything done. I mean, the basic chores like laundry and cleaning and cooking get done as usual, but the home renovations that I've been planning for a couple of years haven't been started yet. It's almost like when there's no pressure I don't feel like doing anything. At least I haven't gained any weight during this thing - lazy isn't good, but fat AND lazy would be unbearable.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:06 AM

I neglect things for a while (like shaving), but get back on top of it every few days.

Overall, i think I am probably getting more done around the house, but am less efficient than when my schedule was “normal” and fuller. I have much more time to do things, but only get a little bit more done than I ordinarily would.

I had been neglecting physical activity for a few months, and was eating little sugary treats every day for several months, so I put on some weight...but have done a course correction since mid-January.

I devote a lot of time talking with friends on the phone, or via Zoom. Sometimes i can help them, sometimes they can help me....but mostly, we just want to laugh and commiserate and support one another in making the best of this challenging time.

I have not gotten down to the basement to tidy things up and do some re-organizing....
Old 03-05-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
Put me in the no haircut crew. The last time I had hair this long was in 1978. I have also grown a beard but I tend to it obsessively. I don't think I'm going to get a haircut even when I can. I mean, it took me a year to get it this long.

I work from home and pretty much set my own schedule. I've actually been getting a lot of work done. I'm also a piddler. I can turn a three hour job around home into a three day job. I used to not start because I knew it would take me so long and I don't like to start things and not finish them. But I seem to have three days to do a three hour job these days. So I've done a lot of little projects that I wouldn't have done.

I do miss travelling though.
LOL. I resemble that remark. I think we have to set a definition for "long hair" though. For me it's when it touches my nose. I've never had hair touch my back. I have a sort of a "reverse mullet."

BTW, my wife offered to cut my hair months ago. Ain't gonna happen. She's jealous of how thick my hair is and is petty enough to point out every gray hair she finds.

PS: I was getting pretty good at the "honey do" list when I had big projects but after January I've been mired in nickle and dime things that I'm finding ways to put off. With my wife working from home and on constant conference calls I have received various noise complaints. Naturally, the one big project now is getting her double doors for her "office."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic