The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

I would like to order a compliment please.

Today is my 65th birthday. I have gained 6lbs during the pandemic but I carry it well. Also, I was going to have a party for about 15 people today (my audiophile buddies, visualize what you will, it's accurate) but it ain't happening. Just a little pizza / mask party with a couple of neighbors.

Thank you,

Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Fairbanks F20
Rainsong CO-OM1100NST
Old 07-04-2020, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Oh great sage, I took the name of Denny Zager in vain today on the facemask thread. Now I am sorely tempted to go after Power Pins, Zero Frets, Tonerite, PayPal Friends and Family, and the inestimable Estaban...

I must find my self worth without tearing down others.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler View Post
Man, we need an LOL icon for this thread. Each response made me laugh hard and then harder.
I think we've all noticed your exquisite taste. I certainly have.

Quote:
And I learned a new word: lagniappe. (For those dodos like me who should have looked it up but didn't, it means "something given as a bonus or extra gift" and is pronounced lanyap, emphasis on yap.)
Very intriguing, and so helpful. The next time I'm accused of yapping my mouth off, I'll bask in the true meaning of what I'm being told, and can reply, "Thanks, it's my gift to you, feels so good to give a little bit back." Say it forward.

Quote:
"It's hard to be a tuning fork in a snarky world." Comedy genius.
That sentence was artisanally hand crafted just for Tony. There is a tuning fork thread in the General Discussion area that was entertaining and instructional. For example, the savant Alan Carruth mentioned that the expression "tuning up your car" came from old Model T's who's engines were set to match a C tuning fork.

Quote:
And pointing out that pianists of exquisite but singular talent do not rise to my level of expertise at reading tab...well, in a sentence I was transformed from a guitar-schlub to a tablature-reading savant. I hold my head high. Thank you.
No thank you. I got a bit nostalgic after thinking of my ivory-tickling friend, and gave him a call. Turns out my timing was perfect because he need some cheering up. He said the keys were going fine, but he wanted to learn House of the Rising Sun and was struggling with tab. Can you believe it!?! I said maybe I knew someone who could help. Stay tuned.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
responsible social distancing ?

KevWind, is that you? OMG it's like Peter Fonda and Luke Skywalker had a love child. As my mouse pointer was hovering over the image a tooltip popped up that read, "Click for larger version", and I was like, "No way, it gets better?". Mind blown.

I think your creative intellect is on to something here. I can just see a Harley-Davidson ad where it mentions social distancing and alludes to some of its difficulties. Then a man, almost as cool as you, laughs heartily and drives his H-D up a winding road.

Narrator: "Our riders have been taking the road less traveled for over 100 years. Isn't time for you to distance yourself from the crowd?"

You should go into marketing.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well up there. I celebrate an anniversary today. I quit smoking 4/7/93!

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 07-04-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Gotta love it!

Never thought of myself as being balanced, but then neither did anyone else...until now.

Tony
Well, sometimes I'm like the Sherlock Holmes of inner beauty.

As for your grace and balance, once it's pointed you wonder why you didn't didn't notice it all along. Kinda like Watson's mustache.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
That helmet alone ought to do it.

Tony
Because it's so awesome, I know. Nice to see the approbations multiplying like a third grader's homework.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Usually, socks are the easiest wardrobe item to find - just follow your nose.

Breathe in, and suddenly there are your socks!

Tony
Sock it to me baby! Funny how the first sock is easy but the second sock is, well, kinda the f-chord sock if you know what I mean.

And what's the most homespun factory? Olfactory of course. Please give your proboscis a metaphorical high-five for me, it deserves it.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
KevWind, is that you? OMG it's like Peter Fonda and Luke Skywalker had a love child. As my mouse pointer was hovering over the image a tooltip popped up that read, "Click for larger version", and I was like, "No way, it gets better?". Mind blown.

I think your creative intellect is on to something here. I can just see a Harley-Davidson ad where it mentions social distancing and alludes to some of its difficulties. Then a man, almost as cool as you, laughs heartily and drives his H-D up a winding road.

Narrator: "Our riders have been taking the road less traveled for over 100 years. Isn't time for you to distance yourself from the crowd?"

You should go into marketing.
Peter and Luke ? Trust me it's the glasses

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 07-04-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-arino View Post
I would like to order a compliment please.

Today is my 65th birthday. I have gained 6lbs during the pandemic but I carry it well. Also, I was going to have a party for about 15 people today (my audiophile buddies, visualize what you will, it's accurate) but it ain't happening. Just a little pizza / mask party with a couple of neighbors.

Thank you,
I was up last night, worried about lost socks, but mainly just hoping you were going to place an odour, whoops, order. Steve, has it really been 65 years? Where does the time go?

It flies when you're having fun, which is why I think they invented Mondays. But I digress.

6 lbs is very respectable. I've gotten my 2 week supply of potato chips 4 times this week, so I can relate. And 15 buddies, who are audiophiles? Just wow. That's no easy feat. Sorting out opinions on vinyl alone could wreck havoc on any 2 people, much less that many. No doubt you are the cleaning spray and circular cleansing motion that keeps the static to a minimum.

A pizza/mask party sounds special. Be sure to wear a big enough mask that you can cram a whole slice into. Just makes sense.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Oh great sage, I took the name of Denny Zager in vain today on the facemask thread. Now I am sorely tempted to go after Power Pins, Zero Frets, Tonerite, PayPal Friends and Family, and the inestimable Estaban...

I must find my self worth without tearing down others.
Not at all Marty. But I know how you feel, as I'm kinda hoping Rachael from Martin shows up so I can say something nice to her.

Ultimate truth is ultimate justice. And ultimate love is ultimate justice. Your love for the people, animals, pebbles, and gear is so deep you need to make sure the Denny Zagler (up and coming luthier in Maine), the Powder Pins (tasty candy snack in bridge pin shaped containers), and all the rest are treated fairly. You're like a father to the world, who cares about all his children.

Since you are enormously empathetic, and colossally compassionate, as well as immensely introspective you naturally have occasional feelings of doubt. It's a bit of the price one pays for all that love. Believe me, I know.

But I would never Esteban you from the HSN of life.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well up there. I celebrate an anniversary today. I quit smoking 4/7/93!
Jim, so sweet for you to drop by and send well wishes. You are a thoughtful person. I am doing great. When you point a finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at you. And a thumb poking up in the air, which no one talks about even though it's the elephant in the room, if you ask me. And when you give a compliment, it comes back trifold, plus the bonus thumbs up.

Do you know it's been 9,862 days since 4/7/93! For just a few cups of coffee per day, you can now buy that Somogyi you've always dreamed of.

I smoked for many years. I eventually quit, more than 20 years ago, by going on nicorettes. I stayed on nicorettes for about 5 years, and got off of those by going on the patch. I seemed to just leave the patches on and one time my wife said to me, "How come you've got like 5 patches on your back?"

It's no small task to quit smoking. I literally did it dozens of times. So congratulations and keep up the good work!
Old 07-04-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Peter and Luke ? Trust me it's the glasses
And the vibe, man. Lovely glasses, though, excellent choice.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
I was up last night, worried about lost socks, but mainly just hoping you were going to place an odour, whoops, order. Steve, has it really been 65 years? Where does the time go?

It flies when you're having fun, which is why I think they invented Mondays. But I digress.

6 lbs is very respectable. I've gotten my 2 week supply of potato chips 4 times this week, so I can relate. And 15 buddies, who are audiophiles? Just wow. That's no easy feat. Sorting out opinions on vinyl alone could wreck havoc on any 2 people, much less that many. No doubt you are the cleaning spray and circular cleansing motion that keeps the static to a minimum.

A pizza/mask party sounds special. Be sure to wear a big enough mask that you can cram a whole slice into. Just makes sense.
Your knowledge about the intricacies of "audiophilia nervosa" is uncanny. And to have 15 audiophiles packed into my living room, rocking back and forth in their chairs mumbling to themselves as they decry my choice of music, cables and solid state vs. tube might have been a bridge too far in this delicate time that we humans call, "a pandemic".

Thank you beery beery much compliment server!

Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Fairbanks F20
Rainsong CO-OM1100NST
Old 07-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-arino View Post
Your knowledge about the intricacies of "audiophilia nervosa" is uncanny. And to have 15 audiophiles packed into my living room, rocking back and forth in their chairs mumbling to themselves as they decry my choice of music, cables and solid state vs. tube might have been a bridge too far in this delicate time that we humans call, "a pandemic".

Thank you beery beery much compliment server!
Never forget that tubes cook those little COVIDs, while solid state just gives them yet another place to migrate and multiply.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic