The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-03-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
wow,, that's some majestic scenery.
That's only a small aspect of the view. It's amazing and worth the 10 mile hike. You can actually stand on the edge of the cliff in so many places. The seagulls on the 'split' can be loud and the squirrels are free.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That's only a small aspect of the view. It's amazing and worth the 10 mile hike. You can actually stand on the edge of the cliff in so many places. The seagulls on the 'split' can be loud and the squirrels are free.
When you think about it, every view we have in life is: a) just a small aspect; and b) beautiful, like flower at the land fill.

Please be careful at the edge of the cliff, I hope they have signs. My sign would read, "Careful - Cliff! - and eat salads".

Tell the seagulls, "Hi, I hope you have a nice day!" for me.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

I can't find my socks.

-Mike
Old 07-03-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post
I can't find my socks.

-Mike
Mike, So deep. Find your socks. Your socks. Socks. Even if they are on your feet can you really find them? Good place to check.

If you have 2 colors of socks in your drawer, and it's dark, how many do you need to take out to make sure you have a matching pair? Probably all of them.

Just the fact that you want socks tells me that you care about societal norms, or at least blisters. And that you want to go out. Out into the world. That magnificent world, full of wonder and, well, other stuff. Really pragmatic yet explorative on your part.

But where did you last see them? Really see them. That's the profound question here.

I'm going to guess they're in the hamper, washer, or dryer. But never take your socks for granted. They are like the glue that binds the top of a guitar to the sides.

I'm going now to look at my sock drawer.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM

Morgan, the Mod Team thanks you for not having to moderate you and this thread! It's a breath of fresh air! Many thanks!
LarryK.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Morgan, the Mod Team thanks you for not having to moderate you and this thread! It's a breath of fresh air! Many thanks!
LarryK.
Larry, the Mod Team is the hippest undercover group out there. We all know you're sympathetic but tough on the rebellious, disaffected young social outcasts that play acoustic guitar.

But what really is moderation? The avoidance of the extreme? Allowing a reasonable amount of excess? Even Aristotle wasn't sure. And he had it way easier than you. And just between you and me, Socrates was a bit of a troll. It's true, his method was a pain in its time. Sorry, Plato.

The thanks all go to you. Very generous to include the team when in fact you are a standout. A star in the sky, whose light twinkles brightly.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post
I can't find my socks.

-Mike
Be your socks, and they will find you. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-04-2020, 05:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post

If you would like a free compliment, perhaps to complement your good mood or to contrast with your not-so-good mood, you have come to the right place.

Simply post a thought, picture, link to a post, or have me review your last few posts and i will generate a compliment for you.

It's free, available to anyone, and comes with positive energy (while supplies last).
What a great concept! This thread should go on for quite some time. Compliments don't often come my way, so I will certainly take advantage of this windfall.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-04-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Be your socks, and they will find you. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Tony
Tony, how very helpful, and also calming. Nothing worse than running around the house in a panic because you're late and misplaced your favorite Tommy E socks. Count to 10, that's 2.5 bars in 4 time. Breath. Ahhh.

As my Papa used to say, "Reach for the socks, and even if you fall short, you'll probably land on some garment." I never really understood what he meant until now. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
What a great concept! This thread should go on for quite some time. Compliments don't often come my way, so I will certainly take advantage of this windfall.

Tony
What the world needs now is accolades, sweet accolades. Thank you (falettinme be mice elf agin). Where's that Ovation Applause, it's time to sing!

I think the reason kudos may feel lacking on your path is because you are so balanced and stable, like a 3 legged guitar stand. Does anyone go up to the Dalai Lama and say, "Yo, you seem like a nice dude." No, although I'm sure he would like it. It's the same for you.

But if you look hard at the wrinkles in the corners of the eyes, listen to the pauses between the words, the blank spaces in the messages, they're there.

It's hard to be a tuning fork in a snarky world, but your tone rings truer than a restored Model T.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:32 AM

Man, we need an LOL icon for this thread. Each response made me laugh hard and then harder. And I learned a new word: lagniappe. (For those dodos like me who should have looked it up but didn't, it means "something given as a bonus or extra gift" and is pronounced lanyap, emphasis on yap.)

"It's hard to be a tuning fork in a snarky world." Comedy genius.

And pointing out that pianists of exquisite but singular talent do not rise to my level of expertise at reading tab...well, in a sentence I was transformed from a guitar-schlub to a tablature-reading savant. I hold my head high. Thank you.
Pono OO-20
Pono OP-30DC
Old 07-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

responsible social distancing ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 07-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What the world needs now is accolades, sweet accolades. Thank you (falettinme be mice elf agin). Where's that Ovation Applause, it's time to sing!

I think the reason kudos may feel lacking on your path is because you are so balanced and stable, like a 3 legged guitar stand. Does anyone go up to the Dalai Lama and say, "Yo, you seem like a nice dude." No, although I'm sure he would like it. It's the same for you.

But if you look hard at the wrinkles in the corners of the eyes, listen to the pauses between the words, the blank spaces in the messages, they're there.

It's hard to be a tuning fork in a snarky world, but your tone rings truer than a restored Model T.
Gotta love it!

Never thought of myself as being balanced, but then neither did anyone else...until now.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
responsible social distancing ?

That helmet alone ought to do it.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 07-04-2020, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Tony, how very helpful, and also calming. Nothing worse than running around the house in a panic because you're late and misplaced your favorite Tommy E socks. Count to 10, that's 2.5 bars in 4 time. Breath. Ahhh.

As my Papa used to say, "Reach for the socks, and even if you fall short, you'll probably land on some garment." I never really understood what he meant until now. Thanks.
Usually, socks are the easiest wardrobe item to find - just follow your nose.

Breathe in, and suddenly there are your socks!

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic