The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 02:31 AM

Default anyone own or have played the yamaha L series 26/36 models

these are currently being sold off in the UK but there is little reviews out there.

i have ordered a LJX36 (cutaway)

they look exceptional for the current sale price.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:40 AM

Those are exceptional instruments. Buy with confidence, and they are very consistently good given the traditional tap tuning based high standards they are made to.

I have an LL56 myself. Absolutely superb instrument.

In the UK you guys typically have to pay a lot more for these high tier Yamaha guitars than we do over here in NA, so I can see the appeal of this Pandemic blowout sale.

They are worth every dollar even at full price in my mind.

Apparently they are not as good for resale compared to your Martins, Taylor’s, etc...Just be careful with that aspect in case it might be important to you. This is a non-issue for me, as this 56 will never be sold.

Best of luck
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 07-09-2020, 03:17 AM

cheers - they look great for the price

there are a couple on reverb being sold second hand for the price these are now going for new.

so i am not now worried about resale factor as the hit has been already made and i have a Martin OM 18 that i can sell if need be
Old 07-09-2020, 06:49 AM

If your LJX36 is the ART-equipped model, you'll be very pleased with the plugged in tone. It utilizes 4 transducer pickups (2 under the bridge and 1 on either side of the bridge). There are push push control buttons. The main volume controls the center two pickups level, while the bass and treble controls bring in more (or less) of the other two pickups. My LLX6A has a very similar version of that system and it sounds phenomenal plugged in.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:20 AM

They are absolutely top shelf guitars. As good as anything and then some.

If you wait long enough you won’t lose anything on resale at the prices they are going for in the UK right now.

I am assuming you bought from Peach because you got an electro - I’ve not seen any of those at Yamaha London... that was the deal of the decade!
Old 07-10-2020, 11:34 AM

Yes from peach

It's arrived and it's exceptional

It does have the Art system

I will post some thoughts in a bit

Very happy with it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion