The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-29-2022, 10:49 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Default Do I need to Call Out "NOAD"? Is that required?

New Old Amp Day, that is. I did mention it on another thread last weekend. Didn't show a pic. Shame on me?

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Well, NOW you've gone and not only not posted pictures, but you've neglected to mention WHAT old amp you got!!!

I'm pretty sure the "New Gear" police are on their way to your place as I write this...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 07-29-2022, 04:33 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Well, it isn't THAT old.. just used. 2016. Does that make it a NUAD: New Used Amp Day?

Bob

Old 07-29-2022, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Well, it isn't THAT old.. just used. 2016. Does that make it a NUAD: New Used Amp Day?

Bob
I think so…

So what showed up for NUAD? Inquiring minds want to know
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 07-30-2022, 07:12 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Alrighty, then.

I heard all the talk over the last year here on the forum about the Bugera amps. The idea of a nice, inexpensive medium-gain amp to add to my group was attractive. Following a post by Steve DeRosa saying that the V5 Infinium was to be discontinued, I decided it might be wise to at least take a look. The one that drew my eye was the V22 Infinium, and right about that time a clean example showed up in my local Music-Go-Round used store online inventory. I decided to visit. For some reason I took my little guitar fund money with me. I never do that, preferring to go home and think overnight.

When I got there they helped me plug in first with a Les Paul and then with a Tele. You know how sometimes an amp can sound good with one but not the other? I put the thing through its paces and was really quite impressed. I really checked it over, checking for the condition of the tubes, etc. And then I decided I was impressed enough to buy the darned thing on the spot.

At home amongst friends - click to embiggen

So, I've got it at home and am learning to drive the thing. The more I play, they more impressed I am. I'm beginning to believe this thing is the best value in a tube amp out there. I am working on the research for a review at this point.

Bob

Old 07-30-2022, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Alrighty, then.

I heard all the talk over the last year here on the forum about the Bugera amps. The idea of a nice, inexpensive medium-gain amp to add to my group was attractive. Following a post by Steve DeRosa saying that the V5 Infinium was to be discontinued, I decided it might be wise to at least take a look. The one that drew my eye was the V22 Infinium, and right about that time a clean example showed up in my local Music-Go-Round used store online inventory. I decided to visit. For some reason I took my little guitar fund money with me. I never do that, preferring to go home and think overnight.

When I got there they helped me plug in first with a Les Paul and then with a Tele. You know how sometimes an amp can sound good with one but not the other? I put the thing through its paces and was really quite impressed. I really checked it over, checking for the condition of the tubes, etc. And then I decided I was impressed enough to buy the darned thing on the spot.

So, I've got it at home and am learning to drive the thing. The more I play, they more impressed I am. I'm beginning to believe this thing is the best value in a tube amp out there. I am working on the research for a review at this point.

Bob
Ha I guess Steve DeRosa has another convert

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 07-30-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
...I heard all the talk over the last year here on the forum about the Bugera amps. The idea of a nice, inexpensive medium-gain amp to add to my group was attractive...

When I got there they helped me plug in first with a Les Paul and then with a Tele. You know how sometimes an amp can sound good with one but not the other? I put the thing through its paces and was really quite impressed. I really checked it over, checking for the condition of the tubes, etc. And then I decided I was impressed enough to buy the darned thing on the spot...

...The more I play, they more impressed I am. I'm beginning to believe this thing is the best value in a tube amp out there...
Told ya...
Old 07-30-2022, 09:27 AM

Good on you, Bob! Those Bugera V22’s have such a great looking facia. That crème and black combination is too cool. Steve DeRosa has talked up these amps for years, with genuinely glowing reviews, but I’d never tried one during any of my foray’s into Guitar Center or Sam Ash. I feel I made a mistake.
All the best Bob! Enjoy that new beauty.
frank d.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Steve knows his stuff. I’ve had 2-V22 amps and 2 -V55’s. Both versions were great! I gave my dad the V55. He loves it. I always considered the V55 a “working man’s” Twin. I know. I know. I owned a Twin. I know they’re not the same amp. But, the V55 clean tones we’re very “twin like” to me. Not to mention the overdrive channel was VERY useable.

I liked the 22 better in the end. Just more useable wattage. Same great tone. Same fantastic features. Overall, they’re hard to beat. And, they take pedals well and make a great mod platform. Congrats! Well done.

And chalk up another convert for our resident expert. Between his Gretsch and Bugera knowledge, he’s converted quite a few people into some very good gear/tones for very little $$.

Love this forum.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 07-30-2022, 09:38 AM

Bob, congrats on the Bugera! Make sure you let us know if you get a review done.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on that Bugera V22 Bob! Because of Steve's enthusiasm I have been paying attention to this amp for quite a while.

That's very cool that you are feeling that this amp was a very good buy!

- Glenn
Old 07-30-2022, 11:23 AM

Cool looking Amp! Enjoy!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 07-31-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
...Because of Steve's enthusiasm I have been paying attention to this amp for quite a while...
Plugging into one will really get your attention - I promise...
Old 07-31-2022, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for sharing Bob. Looking forward to the full review.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:27 PM

Great Amps, Bugera. Congrats on snagging a good used one, Bob.

I now have two of the little brother amps, the V5. Both used, very affordable.
Roger

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars