The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-04-2022, 07:58 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Sounds right to me, and I am around real 50's deluxes all the time. And all the parts on that list are great.
By the way, that isn't my Deluxe, it was just the best video I could find, but mine sounds like that. If you are interested in my journey to a Tweed, you can read about it HERE.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-05-2022, 09:36 PM

Juketone do a fender tweed clone called “the blue blood “ which are really good value for money @ about £750 pounds (sterling).could be worth a look
Old 07-06-2022, 02:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigier View Post
Juketone do a fender tweed clone called “the blue blood “ which are really good value for money @ about £750 pounds (sterling).could be worth a look
That is EXACTLY the sort of thing I'm looking for! Thanks.
Martin OM-28 Authentic '31
Mear & Gray OM18
Martin 0-28vs
Stephen Eden Crossover
Hahn 228 Telecaster
National Delphi Resonator

YouTube

Past guitars from: Mear & Gray, Tom Sands, Stefan Sobell, Dana Bourgeois, Marc Beneteau, Nigel Forster, Peter Abnett, Avalon, Lowden, Martin (vintage & modern), Gibson, Taylor, Yamaha, Fender and more...
Old 07-06-2022, 05:41 AM

I have a vintage Tweed Deluxe and a 20 year old Victoria.
the Victoria is a bit brighter and cleaner tonally.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
That is EXACTLY the sort of thing I'm looking for! Thanks.

Hey no problem,good luck on your amp journey
Old 07-06-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
I would like some general advice.

I have a lovely Hahn telecaster ad currently just have a Yamaha modelling amp for practice but I would like to buy a nice tweed covered vintage feel valve amp.

I understand that Lazy J are the ones to go for but I can't imagine I will use it often enough to justify £2500 on one of those so what other options do you think would be good?

I guess the Fender Blues Junior would be an option, I also quite like the look of the Cornell Romany but Im sure there are load of others that would be worth some investigation... help please!
Are you seeking the look or the topology?
Old 07-07-2022, 01:56 PM

This thread makes me want to flip the ON switch! I have a couple of Clarks, which I think are very fine. If you go that route, be aware that his builds tend to be quite heavy. Something to think about if you lug your own gear around frequently. Other than that, they are perfect. But tweed deluxe is a simple and well understood circuit. There are a zillion versions around and I'm sure you can find a good one at a good price if you are patient. I don't know if there really is a compelling reason to spend the $$ for a LazyJ or a Clark unless you want something very specific.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeld View Post
TI have a couple of Clarks, which I think are very fine. If you go that route, be aware that his builds tend to be quite heavy. Something to think about if you lug your own gear around frequently.
MY Clark Beaufort 5E3 is not heavy it all, it's pretty close to my Princeton reverb in weight.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:00 AM

The brand "Vintage Sound" makes some nice Fender tone amps. The Vintage Sound "Tweed 15" might be worth checking out. I discovered Vintage Sound amps when I saw Val McCallum using one when he was on tour with Jackson Browne.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopster View Post
The brand "Vintage Sound" makes some nice Fender tone amps. The Vintage Sound "Tweed 15" might be worth checking out. I discovered Vintage Sound amps when I saw Val McCallum using one when he was on tour with Jackson Browne.
I played one of the Princeton Reverb style amps, and it was a really solid amp that sounded like a vintage Princeton, and it had a mid control which made the amp more versatile. I've owned two vintage Princetons, so I'm pretty familiar with the sound and feel, and the Vintage Sound felt much more like a vintage amp than the current Fender reissue does.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
Are you seeking the look or the topology?
Look/sound/vibe...not the fussed about circuit design as long as I feel like it's the 50s/60s again!
Martin OM-28 Authentic '31
Mear & Gray OM18
Martin 0-28vs
Stephen Eden Crossover
Hahn 228 Telecaster
National Delphi Resonator

YouTube

Past guitars from: Mear & Gray, Tom Sands, Stefan Sobell, Dana Bourgeois, Marc Beneteau, Nigel Forster, Peter Abnett, Avalon, Lowden, Martin (vintage & modern), Gibson, Taylor, Yamaha, Fender and more...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars