The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Me

Default I need guitar duet songs.

I want to start playing some fingerstyle duets with my 13 year-old son. He has been playing about 2 years and is getting pretty good, but I want to start with something a little, no a lot easy. Any book or internet (tab is OK) recomendations?
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 PM

Hi Steve . . .

I just sent you a transcription of "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel," the duet I did with John Sweet (Cakes) on Castlerea. It's a fairly simple arrangement, I think . . .

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com
Old 11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Me

Jim, Thanks! That was so nice. I printed it out and played both parts through. We will be working on "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel."
Old 11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Me

Jim is working on sending me another song. Thanks Jim!

I am surprised that no one else chimed in here. I guess there is not that much duet material out there.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:50 AM

Type "Guitar Duets" into google, and see what it produces. Also, try "Guitar Duets TAB" and other like phrases.

There are countless pieces out there. Just look for them.

Devon
Old 11-16-2004, 11:50 AM

There is actually a LOT of duet material out there. It may just be that very few of us do formal guitar duets.

For example, if you look in any of the Mel Bay Modern Guitar Method Books (at least 1, 2 and 3), you'll find a number of the songs/exercises that are set up as duets. Of course, many of those songs were written by either Mel or William Bay, for use as specific exercises at that level, but there oughta be something usable in there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell