The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-23-2021, 06:13 PM

Default Krivo Micro PAF pickup

I have tremendous good fortune of owning not one but two Emerald guitars fitted with Krivo humbuckers. The Kestrel comes shipped with the Micro Stealth PAF pickup factory installed (unless you custom order your Kestrel without it) and I have recently had my luthier(Noll Guitars in Cranston, Rhode Island) retrofit my X30 with Jason KrivoÂ’s Micro PAF humbucker. Further, I also asked my luthier to remove the factory installed LR Baggs Element given my satisfaction with the Micro PAF. Additionally, I had Schatten volume and tone thumbwheel controls added in order to provide a little more control and versatility right on the body of the guitar.

My X30, admittedly, does not have the ultra clean look of one with the Krivo factory installed as the cable is oriented lateral to the pickup as opposed to extending from the bottom of the pickup in the fashion custom designed for Emerald.

The bad news is that Jason has now contracted with Emerald AND National Resophonic Guitars, leaving him unable to fill custom orders for individuals any longer. I also see from his FB page that he has developed a radiused humbucker pickup to be used on Emerald guitars in the future.

If you are ordering a future Emerald without a humbucker, I would highly recommend that you reconsider adding a Krivo to your order. No, I have no personal or financial relationship with Jason or Krivo Pickups; rather, I am simply a very satisfied customer of his products which now, outside of Emerald and NRG(and, perhaps, custom luthiers like Fibonacci Guitars), are made of unobtainium.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:49 PM

Talk a bit about your X30 with the Krivo.

I blindly acquired an X30 not knowing what to expect and it's simply a monster guitar, that's the only way I can describe it.

I can't imagine how versatile it would be with the HB.

I'm wanting an X10 so bad!
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 04-06-2023, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Okay, I know this is kinda an old post, but has anyone retrofitted the Krivo to an Emerald X20?
Old 04-07-2023, 06:27 AM

I was thinking of trying that
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-21-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I was thinking of trying that
I’m not trying to hijack this thread, but I’m trying to reach Kraston. I tried sending you a private message, but it says your box is full. Can you reach back out to me? Thanks, James.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daugela View Post
I’m not trying to hijack this thread, but I’m trying to reach Kraston. I tried sending you a private message, but it says your box is full. Can you reach back out to me? Thanks, James.
Kramster is like an enigma wrapped in a puzzle... you never know when he's going to show up around here... and then you don't know for how long. It's hard to put up a Bat Signal around Phoenix, 'cause clouds are hard to come by.

A quick check shows his last post here was in June. Checking his Facebook profile, it shows "no friends to show." I can assure you, he has friends. Maybe start a new thread with "Kramster" in the title? Or say his name three times and he'll show up like Beetlejuice?
Old 09-21-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Kramster is like an enigma wrapped in a puzzle... you never know when he's going to show up around here... and then you don't know for how long. It's hard to put up a Bat Signal around Phoenix, 'cause clouds are hard to come by.

A quick check shows his last post here was in June. Checking his Facebook profile, it shows "no friends to show." I can assure you, he has friends. Maybe start a new thread with "Kramster" in the title? Or say his name three times and he'll show up like Beetlejuice?
I tried saying his name three times, but nothing happened. Do my eyes need to be closed with my fingers crossed. Also, I’ll try that tomorrow.

Last edited by Daugela; 09-21-2023 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber