The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 11:12 AM

I'm right handed, but using a drive-thru ATM requires touching a screen with my left hand. I deliberately have to use the pad instead of my fingertip to have the touch be recognized. Sometimes when using an iPad or iPhone I want to use the left hand, but that simply does not work well. Sometimes I can get a little extra bit of callous right in the groove where the strings hit and that extra will peel, but without affecting the overall hardness of the fingertip.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I'm right handed, but using a drive-thru ATM requires touching a screen with my left hand. I deliberately have to use the pad instead of my fingertip to have the touch be recognized. Sometimes when using an iPad or iPhone I want to use the left hand, but that simply does not work well. Sometimes I can get a little extra bit of callous right in the groove where the strings hit and that extra will peel, but without affecting the overall hardness of the fingertip.
Ah, yes, I can see where the ATM touch screen would force left hand use.

My biggest difficulty is with our oven, dishwasher. and microwave control pads. They're capacitive touch-sensitive, and I have to do exactly as you describe: touch with the pad of the finger, not the tip. It requires a conscious override, because most of the button pushing I do is typing, and you definitely do that with fingertips, not finger pads. I've learned to operate my phone mostly with my right hand for this reason.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion