The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-10-2004, 06:46 PM

Default had a good time sunday night

we had an all-stringed instrument service the other night. I regularly play the bass during all services, but this night we had a couple of older gents sit in, one on mandolin, one on guitar. we did about six songs, including their specials, the chior songs, congregationals, etc. had a great time, and the crowd loved it. I thought I was playin with Bill Monroe for a minute, this guy was good, tho I'm not usually a bluegrass player. They liked me (the other players), they asked me to bring my flattop next time and play lead. The guitarist has a daughter that plays bass...cant wait.

Old age and treachery will outsmart youth and skill every time. - My dad...
Old 11-11-2004, 09:06 AM

Sounds like fun! So you are a bass player first, and a guitar player second? Our P&W 'band' lacks a full-time bass player, and man do I miss it when it's not there.

DJanzen
'06 52RI Tele
Old 11-12-2004, 07:14 PM

no, actually I'm a guitar player first, been playin 30 some years, but my church needs a bass player, not a guitar player, so I've been doin that for about 7 or 8 years...so everybody thinks I'm a bass player that plays specials and offetories with guitar ...the way I see it, ,,,I don't care, i just want to play!

Old age and treachery will outsmart youth and skill every time. - My dad...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell