The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
I think it would make an interesting thread "My Favorite Guitar purchased from Mike aka Woody". There are quite a few of us here who have sourced an outstanding guitar or two or "more" from Mike's stash. I would fall into the "more" camp. All were stellar guitars, honestly presented at very fair pricing.

Anyone who has played John Kinnaird's guitars at shows and especially recently at B.I.G., know that he is building at the top of his game right now. Mike shared with me how much he loved the sound of this guitar a while back so I was surprised to see him offer it up. Someone is going to get a gem of a guitar here.

Good luck with your sale Mike!
Doug, thank you for the thoughtful words and reminding me of many great experiences I’ve had with you. I remember our first interaction in Memphis. Ton of fun for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalcutta View Post
Absolutely beautiful guitar. Offered by as good a guy as you can deal with.

Mike and I visited John Kinnaird's shop a few years ago. I watch how carefully Mike worked with John in planning the creation of these wonderful guitars. All of John's guitars are exceptional, I have owned more than a few. This one has all the bells and whistles.

This is a chance to pick up a very special guitar. Do yourself a favor!!
Rob, that was a very fun time staying with you guys and visiting Johns shop. What great memories. I have been blessed to be able to participate in a number of builds and each one has been fulfilling. Thank you for the kind words.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 12-06-2021, 10:08 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow This week

****To all interested parties****

I've told a few people this, but for the rest of you...I'm scheduled for back surgery next Monday (Dec 13th). As a result, I will be "out" for some period of time after that, probably a month. So I will either sell this guitar by Friday, or I will need to remove it for at least a month to allow recovery time after the surgery.

A number of people have inquired about it, and yet the guitar is still for sale. I think we all agree that this is a phenomenal guitar, but if one or more of you have an interest in moving forward, please get me your offer and I'll surely consider it. I'm in the mood for working with someone to get this bought, so if that is you let me know.

Old 12-06-2021, 01:54 PM

Sale or otherwise Mike - My very best to you on your surgery and complete recovery -
You will be held up in my thoughts and prayers

No surgery is minor when it’s happening to you
2019 Ryan Nightingale Bearclaw Sitka/EIR

Old 12-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Smile My sentiments exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeWalker View Post
Sale or otherwise Mike - My very best to you on your surgery and complete recovery -

Get well FAST and Completely!

That is the important work here…. But SOMEONE here wants this, and they will be knocked OUT. In all the best ways!

Hang in there, Bro!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 12-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeWalker View Post

Thanks Tennessee! It's not minor...it lumbar fusion which will put me out o commission for a while. But, after 66 years of livin', sometimes things just need to get fixed. onward and upward!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Get well FAST and Completely!

That is the important work here…. But SOMEONE here wants this, and they will be knocked OUT. In all the best ways!

Hang in there, Bro!

Paul
Paul, Thank you for the well wishes. I think you and I know what a few people have learned and that is that John sprinkles some kind of "special fairy dust" in these guitars which makes them sound amazing. Someone else will become a "believer" when they get this one. Still available for now...

Old 12-07-2021, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

All the best for a quick recovery, Mike! As many have said, great AGFer with consistently great instruments. Deal with confidence.
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 12-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Mike,

Good luck with your back surgery. I hope you recover quickly and well!

Regarding this guitar, what a beauty! And it sounds wonderful in Al Petteway's hands!

I can no longer afford a guitar like this now that I'm retired, but I can still certainly appreciate what a treasure it is. Best of luck with this sale!

- Glenn
Old 12-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Best wishes and good luck with your surgery Mike. Heal fast, heal well.

Daniels - Bedell - Guild

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"
Old 12-07-2021, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

We will keep you in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery Mike.

I hope someone gets this gem soon. It is one stunningly beautiful amazing sounding guitar.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:36 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

I've had some good interest, but this beauty is still available. The "clock is ticking" and I'm open to offers. I'm reasonable to work with...talk to me. I promise that whoever gets this will not be disappointed.

One person asked for some more pics of the back. This is what I sent them, thought you might like to see these also.

Old 12-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Mike, good luck with the back surgery. I know how chronic back pain can get in the way of a good life. I hope this surgery makes it much better!

Three times I have had world-class luthiers in my home, and they have played all of my guitars. Each time, they have picked out my John Kinnairds as the most special...other than the ones they made, of course...heh heh. "This guitar is on fire!" one exclaimed about my West Coast OM. Each of these luthiers has a different style, and each of them was really impressed by John's work. I have tried the same experiment with friends who are accomplished guitarists, with the same result. One started sweating when he played my Pau Santo 000, a magical beast that one is. John Kinnaird builds dynamite guitars.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Thanks Tennessee! It's not minor...it lumbar fusion which will put me out o commission for a while. But, after 66 years of livin', sometimes things just need to get fixed. onward and upward!!
Sorry Mike,

Didn’t mean to have it sound as if back surgery was minor -

Beautiful set of wood on this WC guitar - hard to find stuff like that.
Wish I’d come across one like that when I was looking at a JK build.

All my best to you and surely all here on the AGF
2019 Ryan Nightingale Bearclaw Sitka/EIR

Old 12-09-2021, 10:23 AM

Mike, best of luck on your upcoming surgery.
The good thing about getting it is that the back and leg pain of the past years will be gone, and life is more enjoyable.
So, really, happy new year!
Old 12-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Talking Surgery

So sorry Mike, I know it’s a long process back after major back surgery! Lord’s blessings to you as you prepare. Here’s wishing you his comfort, healing and peace. May you have a restful and healing Christmas! You’re in our prayers, Bob
Old 12-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to all of you who have reached out by email and personal message and here on this thread. Too many to mention by name but I gotta tell you all that I'm grateful for every kind word and I am truly touched. This is a really great community of people. I am honored to be part of all of your lives and you mine. Surgery is Monday and so I'll be "out of the loop" for a bit. Thanks for the prayers. I'll be back soon and as ornery as ever

This guitar hasn't sold as of right now, and so I will take it down for a while later tonight. If someone decides to make a solid offer and we agree on a price, I have a close friend who said he'd make sure it gets packed properly and shipped on Monday insured Fedex.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars