The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-19-2020, 10:36 PM

Default Humidity

I live in subtropical Australia with similar humidity issues. I do keep my guitars in their cases. There are those humidipaks that you can put into the case which keep the humidity closer to 50%.
My concern is not about the wood, but the glue. When a neck reset is done, what is used? I believe the answer is humidity and heat. Avoid that combination if possible. Keep in a good case at the least and you should be right.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtime View Post
I live in subtropical Australia with similar humidity issues. I do keep my guitars in their cases. There are those humidipaks that you can put into the case which keep the humidity closer to 50%.
My concern is not about the wood, but the glue. When a neck reset is done, what is used? I believe the answer is humidity and heat. Avoid that combination if possible. Keep in a good case at the least and you should be right.

Fender CD280S NAT
Recording King RO-127
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster
Fender American FrankenTele
Old 09-19-2020, 11:14 PM

I’m kind of the mindset that if it’s ok weather for you to live in, your guitar will be just fine. I don’t own a hygrometer/humidifier/etc., and my guitars spend their lives outside of their cases because I own them to play them, and a cased guitar doesn’t get played as often as one out. So worry less, play more.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion