The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-20-2022, 11:35 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD: McPherson Camrielle Redwood/Cocobolo...Tone to die for!! Price Drop!!

McPherson Camrielle Redwood/Cocobolo...Tone to die for!!

Make no mistake, this guitar sounds and plays fantastic!! The tone IS to die for...listen to the video (used by permission) of our own beloved Dustin Furlow. Do yourself a favor and put the headphones on for this one so you can hear the tonal buances. Amazing!!

Some will ask why the tone of a McPherson guitar is so good and SOOOO consistent?

Maybe it is the...

...the fact that they own the nicest plek machines that can be bought to make every setup perfect.

....the fact that they use a solid (not hollow) carbon strip in neck to make it perfectly stable

...the cantilevered neck which keeps the fretboard off of the top allowing the top to resonate freely

...the Buzz Feiten tuning system they use to allow the appropriate compensations so playing up the neck is in tune

The Camrielle size was built to continue the McPherson theme of quality tone and unequalled playability in a smaller size guitar than the original MG size guitar. The lower bout is 15" and the guitar features a florentine cutaway to allow access to the upper frets.

The woods:

Redwood: Redwood is usually darker in color than cedar and often displays similar tonal characteristics. As it tends to be stiffer than Cedar, Redwood can create a guitar of unsurpassed responsiveness and richness of tone.

Cocobolo: Beautiful straight grained wine red gorgeous wood. This wood is characteristically a dense, stiff tropical hardwood from Mexico, cocobolo produces a fairly bright overall tone emphasized by sparkling treble notes. The tone is fast, responsive, and articulate. One firm said "Cocobolo is probably closer in tone, color and figure to the finest-grade Brazilian Rosewood used on the classic guitars of yesteryear than any tone wood available today"

Remember: Dealers can't deviate even one dollar from listed retail. Unlike many guitars that are discounted heavily, McPhersons are not which is why they retain value so well.

Specs:

Ebony Bridge
Pins: Unslotted with Mother of Pearl Dot*
Fingerboard: Ziricote with 14" Radius*
Nut: Natural Bone*
Buzz Feiten Intonation System - Three Custom Bone Saddles Set Up For Low, Medium, and Tall Action*
Binding: Ebony*
Electronics: L.R. Baggs 3 VOLT Element Pick-up, Pre-amp, and Volume Control*
Tuners: Schaller M6G Gold Tuning Machines*
Inlay: McPherson Mother of Pearl Inlay on Head Cap and Mirror Image on Bridge Plate*
Finish: IC&S UV Finish - An extremely durable clear finish which retains tonal integrity of the wood while protecting the guitar from harmful elements*
Scale Length: 25 1/2"*
Upper Bout: 10 3/4"*
Waist: 9 3/8"*
Lower Bout: 15"*
Body Length: 19 7/8"*
Overall Length: 41 1/4"*
Fretboard Radius: 14"*
Standard Neck
Width: 1 3/4" at Nut, 2 5/32 at 12th Fret*
String Spacing at Bridge: 2 3/16"*
Body Depth: 4.5"
Case: Custom Fit Ameritage Case with Built-In Humidification System

Price for this guitar: WAS FOR SALE NOW SOLD plus shipping and Paypal.
Price New $11,900

I will consider trades as well as reasonable all cash offers.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 02-01-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:21 PM

Very nice Mike.
Mcpherson guitars are indeed special. Great quality.
I love redwood tops.
And cocobolo sings.
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 01-21-2022, 10:45 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
Very nice Mike.
Mcpherson guitars are indeed special. Great quality.
I love redwood tops.
And cocobolo sings.
Thanks Alan. As I mentioned, I've been blessed to own and play a bunch of McPhersons. Frankly they all sound amazing to me. Tonally rich. I too like this combination of woods, and it happens to be the most sought after combination on the Camrielle model.

Someone will love this guitar!

Old 01-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Default McPherson Camrielle Redwood/Cocobolo

I love the Redwood and Cocobolo tone woods on this guitar and it really sounds great in the demo performance by Dustin Furlow. The fact that you're open to certain trades + cash could make it an affordable option for someone who might not otherwise be able to consider a guitar at this price point.

Speaking as one of many here on AGF who have purchased fine instruments from Mike, buy with confidence that you'll get an excellent guitar at a fair price. Good luck with your sale!
Old 01-24-2022, 05:47 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
I love the Redwood and Cocobolo tone woods on this guitar and it really sounds great in the demo performance by Dustin Furlow. The fact that you're open to certain trades + cash could make it an affordable option for someone who might not otherwise be able to consider a guitar at this price point.

Speaking as one of many here on AGF who have purchased fine instruments from Mike, buy with confidence that you'll get an excellent guitar at a fair price. Good luck with your sale!
Thanks Doug! Someone is going to get a heck of a guitar. And yes, I want to work hard with someone to make it theirs. It’s a dream guitar!! Sounds simply amazing in person!!

I just adjusted the price down to make it more reachable. Anyone who has an interest only need to speak up.

Old 01-27-2022, 09:57 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

I just realized today that apparently when I dropped the price (using my phone), for some reason those changes in the ad didn't "take". Apparently when it comes to technology, sometimes I just don't get it lol. As such, I've dropped this price down to make it reachable. I'll be listing a couple of other guitars that I bought recently and if I wind up keeping this one, all good. It's a dream to play!

But someone will LOVE this guitar!

Old 01-30-2022, 07:30 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

It’s time to bring this amazing guitar back to the top. I’ve marked this guitar down to a price that is a bargain for a guitar of this stature and quality. That said, I you want to make me a solid offer, speak up before I decide to just keep this guitar. Again I’ll say that in ALL the guitars I’ve owned over the years, there’s none so consistently perfect to play up and down the neck than a McPherson. And the tone is indeed to “die for”. This is someone’s dream guitar. If that’s you, let’s talk!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars