The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-19-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L20A View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for something to use to turn the sound off when unplugging your guitar cord and plugging the cord into a different guitar?

What is available that does this and is dependable?
Most decent tuner pedals have this feature.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

For quite a while (a decade?) I used a volume pedal to switch between 6 and 12 string guitars... used the same cable for both instruments. I was lucky that they each had the same pickup system and the same eq worked for both.

The drawback is loss of high frequencies due to the passive volume pedal; I am fairly certain that using a cable with a volume know on it would have the same result, so that may not be what you need.

For the past 10 years, I've used a Bose T1 Tonematch mixer with my Bose L1 Model II PA system, and I love it! Not only does each channel have a "mute" button, they also have complete control of 3 band eq, parametric eq, reverb, delay, compression, chorus, etc...

Get yourself a small mixer and bite the bullet and get separate cords for each guitar! Gets rid of a lot of headaches...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification