The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-21-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
X30 is a thumper. Period. Low end punch.
Thumper? What do you mean by that? I don't think I have proper idea. Its same with description most people give about X30 - warm and big. I gues I would need to hear some good wooden acoustic with warm big sound to understand.

Which well known acoustic is usualy known to be warm and big sounding thumper ? Any name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Alex, if you fill in your profile location, there may be someone near you that owns one.
Thanks for advice, but I doubt so. Living abot 2000 km from St. Petersburg and even more from Donegal Ireland, buying in stock X30 and sending it back if I don't like it might be the only solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
IMHO a Taylor 855 12 string is the closest thing I've seen to a grand piano.
I was actualy considering X30 12 string before 6 string version, but I never tried 12 string to know if it could work for my slow dadgad fingerstyle and also didn't found yet any recording of someone who plays 12 strings as I would prefer to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrnd View Post
The unamplified X-30 has a bigger presence than the Taylor 814CE. In my opinion, because of this, the X-30 would be comparable to a grand piano in the keyboard world.
Thats good to know, but great tone is always more important than volume to me. And big dynamic range which I hope X30 has it?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber