The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD! Rainsong APSE (Al Petteway Special Edition) Carbon Fiber

SOLD!

Rainsong Al Petteway Special Edition,
carbon fiber acoustic/electric guitar. Mint condition. Original owner. Purchased new in January 2017. I bought this to take along on a 2 month road trip my wife and I took that year. Turned out there was no room left in the car after we packed it with all the things we needed to take along. So it didn't go on that trip, and as a result, it has never left my home. It has been kept on a stand in my living room as my couch guitar. (We are a smoke free and pet free home, so there are no strange odors in the case or on the guitar).

Stellar sounding - incredible tone that rivals most high end wooden acoustics. No disappointments with this amazing guitar. 12 fret, short scale makes it super easy to play as well.

We are preparing to move across the country, so I need to get rid of as much of my gear as I can, and downsize to a minimum amount of stuff we will need to move.

Guitar and high end arch top "5-latch" case are in like new condition. The bone nut and saddle have faded a little to an aged color that looks especially cool on this guitar.

Comes equipped with factory onboard LR Baggs StagePro Anthem pickup and tuning system. All original case candy/paperwork included.

If you're not familiar with this guitar, do a Google search. Tons of stellar reviews on this Al Petteway special edition carbon fiber guitar.

$1800. Local pickup in Pismo Beach, CA area, or add $75 if shipped (CONUS only).

In Al Petteway's own Words:

For the APSE, I chose the OM size body since it is really the perfect size for solo fingerstyle players. The frequency response is more evenly balanced across the strings and the high strings have a sweetness that doesn't happen with a bigger guitar. It's much easier to mix in an ensemble or duet setting as well. Since I play with my wife Amy White much of the time, we like to set up her guitar to produce the big bass bottom while I fill in more of the mids and highs. It makes for a much cleaner sound.

I like 12-fret necks for a number of reasons. Moving the neck forward by two frets also moves the bridge more into the center of the top, which, to my ear, gives the guitar a bit more sweetness and warmth. Physically, I find it easier to play since I don't have to extend my left arm away from my body as far to get to the lowest frets. In recent years, I've had to deal with arthritis and tendonitis issues in my left shoulder, so a shorter neck really helps me play with less pain.

The development of the unidirectional soundboard by RainSong seems to have solved one of the issues that most people have with carbon graphite guitars. By replicating the grain that happens naturally in a piece of wood, this top seems to vibrate more like a wood top, resulting in a bit more of a natural response in the lower frequencies without messing up the balance in the mids and highs. It makes it extremely easy to mic the guitar for live performance or in the recording studio since EQ is not necessary to take any "boom" or "mud" out or to add highs in.

The all-carbon body construction, the OM body shape and the 12-fret neck working together with the unidirectional top produces a clarity that is truly spectacular. This combination has never been available in this size guitar before and I am very excited about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0553D.jpg (39.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0552D.jpg (40.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0551D.jpg (42.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0550D.jpg (29.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0549D.jpg (28.6 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0547D.jpg (47.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0546D.jpg (34.1 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0545D.jpg (38.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544D.jpg (43.5 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0543D.jpg (49.2 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0542D.jpg (45.5 KB, 159 views)

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer

Last edited by Coastman; 03-26-2021 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 03-26-2021, 05:19 PM

Sent you a PM, I will take it! Jerry

Last edited by JerryM; 03-26-2021 at 05:28 PM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
al petteway, apse, carbon, fiber, rainsong