The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhejh View Post
I have a Gibson J50 ,the bridge was ramped about 8 years ago. The straight edge currently just clears the bridge top. Action at the Low E is 6/64 treble e 5/64.

The treble e has almost no clearance at the ramp and I believe is now affecting the tuning.

My question: because it is one string would the easy fix be to route out the ramp a little more or slot the bridge or both to obtain a fix.
Are there other options?

Thanks

Brian
Yes, get a neck reset. Gibson's are highly doable in this regard.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:21 PM

Yes, neck reset is an optimum fix going forward but with the bridge already ramped I would then have to replace that also $$$$$$$$!. Looking for a short term option.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhejh View Post
Yes, neck reset is an optimum fix going forward but with the bridge already ramped I would then have to replace that also $$$$$$$$!. Looking for a short term option.
Any short term fix is going to make the long term fix more expensive. There is no option better than the neck reset my friend. I'd live with it a little less than perect until you can afford to have it reset.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair