The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-09-2018, 05:58 AM

Default The Holy Grail Guitar Show 2018

The Holy Grail Guitar Show returned this past weekend after a year's hiatus and it was absolutely superb! I've been lucky enough to have attended shows in Montreal, Healdsburg, Santa Barbara etc and while they all had their strengths the sheer depth of scope and variety of guitars on display in Berlin this week was like nothing I have seen before.

I recorded this podcast while my thoughts were still fresh, I hope you enjoy it

I'll post pics soon once I work out what happened with photobucket... are we all using imgur now?

All the best

MDW
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:50 AM

I was there too and concur that there was a mind boggling collection of instruments on display from the very practical, tasteful and beautiful to the utterly bonkers - think a guitar with a flat top, neck and headstock and where the back should be is another top, this time arch topped complete with its own neck and headstock!

Cheers,

Ian
Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Michael,
Thank you for this. I enjoyed it, and, learned about builders I would not ordinarily had a chance to discover. If I was an electric guitar guy, I would be seriously looking to own a Jersey Girl guitar. Sounds like a great show with a lot of money behind it.

Steve
Old 05-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
The Holy Grail Guitar Show returned this past weekend after a year's hiatus and it was absolutely superb! I've been lucky enough to have attended shows in Montreal, Healdsburg, Santa Barbara etc and while they all had their strengths the sheer depth of scope and variety of guitars on display in Berlin this week was like nothing I have seen before.

I recorded this podcast while my thoughts were still fresh, I hope you enjoy it

I'll post pics soon once I work out what happened with photobucket... are we all using imgur now?

All the best

MDW

Michael - not had chance to listen to the podcast yet but impatient to hear your views on the ‘Tree’ Jumbo from Mr Kostal.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Trespass View Post
Michael - not had chance to listen to the podcast yet but impatient to hear your views on the ‘Tree’ Jumbo from Mr Kostal.
It was amazing. That's all I really have to say about that one. The first Kostal jumbo I've played in mahogany and just sublime. Sadly I didn't get the chance to use it in the mini concert as it was already on its way to the UK but it certainly left an impression!
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop