The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Stylish View Post
When you take the time to do things right & honor these great songs the way you do, you never know what might happen. Keep up the great work!
Thank you Vance!

You too!

- Glenn
Old 10-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Hi Glenn,

I'm glad you brought this back around, as I was offline when you posted it around Independence Day.

What a great thrill to record with your granddaughter and get recognized by the songwriter, too-- and well deserved. Keep it up
Old 10-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Hi Glenn,

I'm glad you brought this back around, as I was offline when you posted it around Independence Day.

What a great thrill to record with your granddaughter and get recognized by the songwriter, too-- and well deserved. Keep it up
Thanks so much Bob!

I really appreciate your commenting on this thread and taking the time to watch the video! It was fun to do that performance with my grand daughter, and yesterday I must say, I was totally delighted to get those messages from Taffy Nivert! What a surprise and treat!

Thanks so much for your comments Bob!

- Glenn
Old 10-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for posting Glenn. That brings back memories.

The first time I heard that song I was in the locker room after football practice, all hot and tired, and dreading that two mile walk back home along a two lane blacktop country road that led to our gravel lane because I always missed the bus during football all season and didn't have a car.

When I picked up the guitar, I was motivated by Mike Taylor's guitar licks on TMHCR and also on Rocky Mountain High.

When I saw this performed on TV, I thought Taffy was the most beautiful girl God had ever placed on this Earth and had a total teen-age crush on her.

Great job once again.

CK
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 10-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
Thanks for posting Glenn. That brings back memories.

The first time I heard that song I was in the locker room after football practice, all hot and tired, and dreading that two mile walk back home along a two lane blacktop country road that led to our gravel lane because I always missed the bus during football all season and didn't have a car.

When I picked up the guitar, I was motivated by Mike Taylor's guitar licks on TMHCR and also on Rocky Mountain High.

When I saw this performed on TV, I thought Taffy was the most beautiful girl God had ever placed on this Earth and had a total teen-age crush on her.

Great job once again.

CK
Thank you CK!

I'm so glad you posted on this thread and took the time to listen! Glad this brought back memories!

Taffy Nivert really was a pretty young thing back in the day, wasn't she? I can understand your crush on her!

- Glenn
Old 10-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Really nice thanks Glenn. My little intermediate level acoustic group plays a much less talented strum version of this - we love the song. Again really loved your production of this.

2022 Taylor 714ce, 2020 Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe, 2013 Martin D-16GT, 1980 Yamaha FG-335
Old 10-28-2018, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biotechmgr View Post
Really nice thanks Glenn. My little intermediate level acoustic group plays a much less talented strum version of this - we love the song. Again really loved your production of this.
Thanks Biotechmgr!

I appreciate your comments here! Thanks for listening!

- Glenn
Old 11-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Today I received several comments on my YouTube performance of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" from Taffy Nivert, one of the co-writers of this song. This is the website of Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert who also were the Starland Vocal Band(with Margot Chapman & Jon Carroll). https://www.youtube.com/user/starlandandmore69/featured

I just thought it was so sweet of this lady to make contact with me about the video we made of a song that she and her husband wrote so many years ago in the basement of their tiny little apartment. She also sent me this link to an interview she did on "Take Me Home, Country Roads" here: https://youtu.be/yKtER40lgVQ.
Wow, Glenn... that's an incredible story! That must be the ultimate compliment. I'm really happy for you. Congratulations!

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-12-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Wow, Glenn... that's an incredible story! That must be the ultimate compliment. I'm really happy for you. Congratulations!
Hi Kerbie!

Thanks for your comments on this! I was so delighted to see this feedback on my YouTube performance of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" from one of the co-writers of this great song. I just thought it was so generous of this lady to take the time to reach out and appreciate our performance of her song!

What a cool take you have on this song!

Thanks so much for your comments, Kerbie!

- Glenn

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-12-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Edited out my mistake... sorry!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Glenn that's incredible.

Coincidentally (in some weird cosmic glitch in the matrix) we went on a road trip to West Virginia this weekend and our 17 year old daughter has been singing that exact song nonstop for the past 48 hours. Seriously.

I showed her your story and she was flabbergasted.

Nice story Glenn and well deserved.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Glenn that's incredible.

Coincidentally (in some weird cosmic glitch in the matrix) we went on a road trip to West Virginia this weekend and our 17 year old daughter has been singing that exact song nonstop for the past 48 hours. Seriously.

I showed her your story and she was flabbergasted.

Nice story Glenn and well deserved.
Hi Fazool!

Oh, how cool that you responded to this thread! And how amazing that your 17-year-old daughter has been singing this exact song! That is mind bending!!!!!!

Did she see my 15-year-old grand daughter singing harmony with me on this song??

You know, my grand daughter has not let any of her friends know that she did this with me. She has allowed this to be my thing -- I think she only did this song with me because she is a sweetie and she wanted to do something nice for me. She hasn't even reacted much to the notion that one of the song writers of this world famous song liked what we did!!

Anyway! I am totally tickled to hear that your own daughter enjoys this song! What a cool thing!!!

I have to say that I get a kick out of seeing Emma performing this song with me. She is such a natural singer -- she does it all so easily and thinks nothing of what she can do!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell