The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-26-2015, 04:19 PM

I love my mustang one!The red setting on the '90s metal setting is a wickedly cool tone!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:17 AM

I like the Mustang amps too. But to me, this says it's time to switch to a good modeling pedal and a full range speaker. The modeling pedal can be updated without discarding the perfectly usable power amp and speaker. I use a Zoom MS-50G and a range of speakers (these days a Bose Soundlink Mini for acoustic jams which by the way fits in my guitar case accessory compartment and a Yamaha DBR10). Another nice thing is going to a gig where I'm hired to play guitar and just plugging into their PA or keyboard amplification and being able to walk in with just a guitar case (instead of lugging an amp).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 AM

Mustang III v2 here, also. Love it. I built this pedalboard for it. Works great and requires no outlet power.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
I think the Must II is just as nice sound. Both have a 12" speaker. But the III came with a better on amp interface. The LED screen is larger and better knobs made it easier to read and use. But the sound of the II is very nice. Worth it over the MI which has smaller speaker and box.
I played 1, 2, 3, 4 all side by side at the store. While it does have the 12" speaker, it is a very different speaker than the 3 has. It is also closed back. I thought the 3 sounded much better actually. That, and the on screen interface make it worth the mark up for me. I also think the 2 does not have the stereo XLR outputs? I like those, and used them, but honestly, the PA speakers have a dramatic effect on your real sound, so mic could be a better option.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:28 AM

Yeah, the MIII 12" speaker with open back is the way to go. I hear that swapping it out with an Eminence Swamp Thang makes it even better!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
Mustang III v2 here, also. Love it. I built this pedalboard for it. Works great and requires no outlet power.

Wow! That is fantastic. I would love a board like that, it has everything you need. Except a wah, or does that pedal access some wah function?

You folks are now making me consider the higher level models. But alas, here in Canada even the I is $169, this one was used for $129. I think I am a bit short of cash to move any higher at this time.

Oh, one question. Can you avoid the Fuse software entirely with the III? ie, can you access the compressor etc?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:36 AM

The expression pedal does volume plus any other parameter including wah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Wow! That is fantastic. I would love a board like that, it has everything you need. Except a wah, or does that pedal access some wah function?

You folks are now making me consider the higher level models. But alas, here in Canada even the I is $169, this one was used for $129. I think I am a bit short of cash to move any higher at this time.

Oh, one question. Can you avoid the Fuse software entirely with the III? ie, can you access the compressor etc?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:53 PM

So is there a wah model in the amp? ie...in my Fender Mustang I?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:50 PM

Davis, to answer your question, or a part of it at least.

Yes you can tweak settings on the fly with the Mustang III, no need to use the Fuse software and laptop/computer connection.
I had Mustang 1 originally but decided III was a better option, 12" speaker, open back, it came with two button footswitch, think it cost me $275 out the door when I got mine.
Really like having it, and it is very versatile.
Save, and continue saving up, keep an eye out for a used one. First time you get your hands on a Mustang III you will want to trade in Mustang 1. Trust me on this.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
So is there a wah model in the amp? ie...in my Fender Mustang I?
There's an auto-wah effect in my Mustang II, so I would think it's pretty likely.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 05-02-2015, 08:18 AM

Default This is a Good Breakdown of the Mustang III and it's Features

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgTipganH4
Old 05-02-2015, 07:07 PM

I am in the camp which prefers the turn the knobs approach but I have had some nice sounds come out of a III when tried it out. Problem for me was even tweaking using just the controls with the led display proved to be beyond my capacity. If you are like me and want simple as possible check out the new Orange crush series.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 PM

What I do is peruse the various patches people have made from within the Fuse interface, then I download the ones that sound kind of interesting from their user ratings....and store them on my drive in the Fuse folder. Then, since my computer is in a different room from my studio, every few days I bring the amp into my computer room, and hook it up and audition them. The ones I like I keep on the amp, then go try them out in the music room.

A bit of a hassle, until I get a notebook some day. But its fun, like shopping for presents. Most stuff with a high user rating sounds really good.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:52 PM

I bought a Mustang I as a practice amp... it's got such nice effects I now play thru the Mustang (effects) > Mixer > Fishman Soloamp. No more pedals (except for a looper).

Durable, portable, flexible, fun... and with GC discount I paid only $79.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

I have a Mustang III and really like it! Easy to use, a bunch of decent effects that you can change easily on the fly and save. I play my acoustic through it and pick a couple of clean tones and it does all that I need, add a little reverb and nirvana. I also have a Fender Supersonic 22, and can get all my favorite tones from the SS22 on the Mustang with a little tweaking. Best thing since sliced bread !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars