The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-12-2018, 11:03 AM

Default Heavy Electric Elixir Nanoweb on Lucky 13

I am pretty happy so far. They (12-52s) seem to be a little less jangly (more mellow though possibly louder) than the original strings Joe used and the other strings I have tried on my Lucky. Secondarily, I also like that they are silver/grey which matches this guitar better than the bronze looking strings of before.

This is what happens when I have too much free time. So far I am very impressed but could just be new string bias. I may raid my kid's electric strings again next time I feel the need to change strings on my Lucky or X20.

Anybody else stumble across a now favorite string/guitar combo?

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:48 AM

Galli 80/20 Bronze Flat wounds for my Emerald X7 and Emerald X20.
They have a warm and full bodied tone with a long sustain and no string noise. I've been really happy with them.

2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 04-12-2018, 03:05 PM

What's the difference between electric and acoustic strings of the same gauge? So they mellowed out the lucky?
Old 04-12-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaichine View Post
What's the difference between electric and acoustic strings of the same gauge? So they mellowed out the lucky?
The way it was explained to me is that electric strings are designed to emphasize the ability to react to the magnetic fields of a pick up. So necessarily air or wood vibration.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:18 PM

The guy that gave me an old Epi has flat wounds on it (yes the guitar)...that's all he ever used as he is a jazz box kinda guy... he's says they don't squeak like round wound....I have not really played it much... don't want to break it being wood and all ( yes the guitar).
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
The guy that gave me an old Epi has flat wounds on it (yes the guitar)...that's all he ever used as he is a jazz box kinda guy... he's says they don't squeak like round wound....I have not really played it much... don't want to break it being wood and all ( yes the guitar).
I somehow swapped the strings without using that windy thingy that you had Michael send to me oh so many years ago. I didn't have it handy, but at least I know where I left it. This comment of yours reminded me to thank you again for that awesome little gift. I intend to use it next time I change a string assuming I am correctly remembering where I left it and can find it again.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
I somehow swapped the strings without using that windy thingy that you had Michael send to me oh so many years ago. I didn't have it handy, but at least I know where I left it. This comment of yours reminded me to thank you again for that awesome little gift. I intend to use it next time I change a string assuming I am correctly remembering where I left it and can find it again.
Wow...we were just kids then
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber