The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-30-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Jon Case guitars

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. Sorry if it's been asked. I'm looking for an electric guitar like Tom Anderson Crowdster and I came across with a guitar called Jon Case J2 for £2650 which is a lot. Is it worth it?
I really like the way it looks but I didn't find any review of it.

http://www.caseguitars.co.uk/

Has anyone tried it yet?
Old 04-30-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltaaan View Post
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. Sorry if it's been asked. I'm looking for an electric guitar like Tom Anderson Crowdster and I came across with a guitar called Jon Case J2 for £2650 which is a lot. Is it worth it?
I really like the way it looks but I didn't find any review of it.

http://www.caseguitars.co.uk/

Has anyone tried it yet?
Hi. I may have misunderstood your post, but just in case: this guitar and the Crowdster are fundamentally different instruments, targeting very different sets of needs. I don't know anything about the Case, sorry, would just hate to see you think it is a substitute for the Crowdster, which it sure doesn't seem to be.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:15 PM

As Paleolith said, apples and oranges.

Something like the Taylor T5, or one of the Godins like the A6 Ultras, the yamaha silent guitar, the Gibson or Epiphone SST, and I'm sure there are others that are escaping me, would be a good substitute for a crowdster.

There are a ton of choices for the thin body "acoustic guitar similators". And most of them, certainly the ones I listed, do what they are designed to do quite well. I really like the Godins myself. But I don't own one. I'm a resonator freak, so I have both a National Resotone, and National resolectric. They do the same thing as the guitars listed above, but with a biscuit resonator flavor.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:52 PM

I've seen all these guitars listed. Probably I will go for godin. its a nice guitar and well priced.
I just stumbled into this Jon Case guitar. There is a review of some of his guitar but not that particular that I was looking for. I will put the proper link. Maybe you've been looking something else.
As for me it seems it's in the same category like the guitars mentioned above.
Even though I haven't seen any review of it but from the spec it looks like the others. I'm just curious what it can do for £2650

http://www.caseguitars.co.uk/gtr_j2/gtr.htm
Old 05-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Aaaah! The other responder and myself clearly saw the ES-335 style guitar on the first page you linked and thought THAT was what you were talking about

The J2 semi solid in your last link clears everything up! It looks great, and the electronics and hardware are certainly first class. But other than that, I've never heard of them. But I'm in the USA, and they don't seem to be known here. Yet...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars