The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-28-2020, 11:47 PM

Default Instagram

Does anybody know the best way to get a song onto Instagram from your iPhone, if you’ve got a condenser mic & iRig pre? I’m a novice, and tried GarageBand, SoundCloud, & voice memos, with no luck! I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am exasperated... Thank you!
Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 AM
Charter Member

Have you tried The Fancy Google Machine? Seaching 'putting a song on instagram' yields a large number of results.

Soundcloud - https://blog.soundcloud.com/2018/10/...agram-stories/
Old 01-29-2020, 08:39 AM

I try and avoid this as it can get a bit distracting - I should be practicing not dropping another "shedding" video on IG!

I use a DPA 4060 and D:Vice preamp which handles the audio going straight into the phone. If I need studio quality then I'll record the audio in Logic with a Gefell M300 or two and then swap the cam audio in Final Cut.

all the best

MDW
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:42 AM

Thank you both so very much!!! I truly do appreciate it. It’s been rather frustrating trying to figure it out on my own, when I have such limited technical skills...
Old 01-29-2020, 01:12 PM

I would think the easiest way would be to record a video and then just upload to Instagram as usual. There is a 60 second time limit to Instagram, though. On a search I see there are some workarounds to that.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
I try and avoid this as it can get a bit distracting - I should be practicing not dropping another "shedding" video on IG!

I use a DPA 4060 and D:Vice preamp which handles the audio going straight into the phone. If I need studio quality then I'll record the audio in Logic with a Gefell M300 or two and then swap the cam audio in Final Cut.

all the best

MDW
People are interested in shedding on insta? OMG! Ewww, what does that like even sound like in studio quality?
Old 01-29-2020, 05:14 PM

Thank you, and yes, that is typically what I do, valleyguy. However, I was simply seeing if there was a way to enhance the sound.

After consulting a number of sources on the viability of this—it either doesn’t seem possible; or at least practical. Essentially, I’m stuck with an audiophile on GarageBand, that I don’t think you can upload, and etc.

if I try to record directly into my phone with the mic, I get massive clicks (the voice memo takes this away; as does other apps). I’m about to try the free iRig recorder app and see if that yields any further positive results.

Apparently you can get these up to YouTube and Facebook rather effortlessly. But, that’s my problem!
Old 01-29-2020, 05:19 PM

Additionally, I can send the audio files from GarageBand to my iPhone, but then it is not in a proper format (that I’m aware) to post—I’ve only used the “photos” video option as well. Thank you all!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic