The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-19-2021, 12:30 PM

Default Blackbird - Playing along to the original recording

Recording into an iPhone while playing the original recording from another iPhone. One little flub but other than that I think it turned out OK. I know this isn't anything new or spectacular but I do enjoy singing this song and wanted to share it here. If you play acoustic guitar, this is one song you have to know how to play, right? Please let me know what you think.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:43 PM

It's a fun song play. I think you did a fine job with it and most of all you "enjoyed" it. To me that's what matters.

Play on!

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Old 04-19-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
It's a fun song play. I think you did a fine job with it and most of all you "enjoyed" it. To me that's what matters.

Play on!

Mike

Thank you. Actually I notice few flubs. Not just one. Darn it. Haha.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:59 PM

Sounding pretty good.
And the performer always notices flubs that listeners don't.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonds View Post
Sounding pretty good.
And the performer always notices flubs that listeners don't.

Yeah. Shouldn’t get too hung up on it.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:06 AM

Seems pretty good, you certainly have the playing and singing thing down. Your voice compliments the song well.

Besides the minor flubs, it sounds/looks like you're not cleanly hitting the open g note between almost every chord change. It's seems like you get it at the very beginning, then it's absent. Doing that contributes to the 'swing' and timing of the song and would make it easier to play without a backing track.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall10 View Post
Seems pretty good, you certainly have the playing and singing thing down. Your voice compliments the song well.

Besides the minor flubs, it sounds/looks like you're not cleanly hitting the open g note between almost every chord change. It's seems like you get it at the very beginning, then it's absent. Doing that contributes to the 'swing' and timing of the song and would make it easier to play without a backing track.

Open G string... hmmm I wasn’t even thinking about that. I’ll have to take a look again and see what I was doing. If I wasn’t playing with the song, I most likely would have stopped when I ran into some of those flubs. Playing along with something seems to help me just keep it moving. Thanks for listening and leaving helpful feedback.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell