The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-16-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Emerald July 16, 2020 Shipping Video

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...6811065157462/

I was quite surprised to go to the Emerald Facebook page and learn that they had put up a new shipping video a day early. As it turns out, they did include my X30 in the video. It's the X30 in blue carbon fiber with the fingerboard inlays. Chloe had originally told me that they had no abalone on hand so I was greatly surprised to find out that they had included abalone dot markers on my guitar. I had my eye on this guitar for a while, and as other X30's were flying out the door at Emerald, I kept hoping that it would remain in stock long enough for me grab it. This is because this particular guitar was one of the rare in stock Emeralds with the LR Baggs Anthem pickup. As an added bonus, it was priced the same as an X30 equipped with the LR Baggs Element system alone.

The other standpoint in the video, in my opinion, was the 7 string fan fret Kestrel with the side sound port. Alistair knocked it out of the park with that one. I hope that he had someone record a demo of that one as I would love to check out a YouTube video and also hear about comparisons between Kestrels with and without sound ports. I'm thrilled to learn that Alistair has added side sound ports to his ever expanding skill set.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new X30 - it's a beauty. Now the fun begins....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 07-16-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:09 PM
Guest 928

Am I not hearing right? When Alistair gets to the F-hole he says (I think) it's a nylon string, but then it has a humbucker pickup??? Someone correct me...................
Old 07-16-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Am I not hearing right? When Alistair gets to the F-hole he says (I think) it's a nylon string, but then it has a humbucker pickup??? Someone correct me...................
I think he was talking about the previous guitar that Kestrels' owner has.

That 7 string Kestrel was awesome.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 07-16-2020, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
I think he was talking about the previous guitar that Kestrels' owner has.

That 7 string Kestrel was awesome.
Agreed. It's a steel-string, otherwise there's no point in putting a Krivo pickup on it.

Just wish they'd tweaked the string spacing at the bridge before they filmed it - the 5th string is definitely a bit 'off'.

I'm sure it will have been taken care of before it goes in the box, just like I'm sure they all get a final wipe to get rid of the fingerprints before they ship.

But, my oh my. A 7-string fan-fret Kestrel archtop. That looks like quite the treat.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-16-2020, 06:23 PM
Guest 928

David, Yes it does. Nice decisions.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber