The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-01-2020, 06:13 AM
Charter Member

I would very much be interested in how the Sable holds up in a bluegrass jam. Maybe before you put it in its case and take the D-28A out on the road you could do the first road trip with the Sable.

RainSong CO-PA1100NS, TKL 8975, taped passive HFN
RainSong V-DR1100N2, TKL 8810, no pickup
1 QSC CP8 high/behind, duo gigs no mixer
2xSM58>XLR-Y>CP8, HFN>HXStomp(jf45ir)>TRS>CP8 3.5mm
jonfields45@gmail.com
www.justsoduo.com

jf45ir free custom acoustic guitar IR generator: http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?article136
Old 04-01-2020, 06:35 AM

Default NGD: McPherson Sable: First Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I would very much be interested in how the Sable holds up in a bluegrass jam. Maybe before you put it in its case and take the D-28A out on the road you could do the first road trip with the Sable.

Iím interested too. I did one set with the banjo player amplified and it obviously worked well. Even the rehearsal was fine. But most bluegrass I participate in is acoustic, or single mic. My assumption is that since the D-28s do so well with bluegrass, and the Sable sounds different than a D-28, that it may be missing something in the mids, bass, or overall volume. But, Iím always game.

Truthfully, bluegrass is a small part of my playing these days. For any trips, vacations, sit in sessions/bar gigs, open mics, benefit concerts, folk festivals, etc., I envision grabbing the Sable with the backpack gigbag. Itís too easy and worry free not to.
Taylor 358 LTD (ES2)

"Lift your head and smile at trouble. You'll find happiness someday."
Less clicking, more picking.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber