The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-18-2024, 05:55 PM

Default Help with firmware tc helicon play acoustic

Hi everyone

I need some help. I recently purchased the Tc Helicon play acoustic and I really like it but the looper only records 30 seconds. I have read there is a download patch bit im not computer savy nor do I even have 1

Can an I pad be used to do this and if so can somebody explain…

If not, can somebody explain how to do it via a computer… I’ll have to borrow a friends if that’s what needs to be done

I’m currently playing out about four nights a week… I looped just about everything but I have not taken this pedal out yet with me until I get the new firmware patch
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 03-20-2024, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw23 View Post
Hi everyone

I need some help. I recently purchased the Tc Helicon play acoustic and I really like it but the looper only records 30 seconds. I have read there is a download patch bit im not computer savy nor do I even have 1

Can an I pad be used to do this and if so can somebody explain…

If not, can somebody explain how to do it via a computer… I’ll have to borrow a friends if that’s what needs to be done

I’m currently playing out about four nights a week… I looped just about everything but I have not taken this pedal out yet with me until I get the new firmware patch
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Hi dude, I have the TC acoustic play, I'm not sure about the looper as I don't use it, but I know that you can connect the TC to your pc through USB for any firmware updates like sounds etc

Just get a usb lead (small to big) and go to the TC helicon website and download the firmware update for your TC https://www.tc-helicon.com/downloads.html

Install the software onto your pc, then plug in the TC and connect it up, and from memory I think it takes you through the process step by step and it will update the TC it to include all the current updates available
Old 03-20-2024, 08:36 PM

There is also some setting changes to get longer looping time. I saw this when I Googled it:

“Stereo and Dual Mono are 30 seconds. Mono is 1 minute. Turning off Loop Undo in Setup doubles these times. So Mono without the undo option is 2 minutes of loop time”.

Hope this helps. I think that’s as long as it gets.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification