The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Decided to try looping on the cheap. Got the Amazon Basics Looper, $42, one button, one knob, one loop, infinite overdubs. Hold the button for 2 secs to erase. Understand from internet lore it’s made by Nux. Brain dead simple to use. Perfect for me.

While the other Amazon Basics Pedals are still available the looper is not. Maybe it was too good a deal?
Old 07-09-2021, 09:48 PM

Default Looper

Pigtronix Infinity Looper with the optional 2-button footswitch.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBPhx View Post
Decided to try looping on the cheap. Got the Amazon Basics Looper, $42, one button, one knob, one loop, infinite overdubs. Hold the button for 2 secs to erase. Understand from internet lore it’s made by Nux. Brain dead simple to use. Perfect for me.

While the other Amazon Basics Pedals are still available the looper is not. Maybe it was too good a deal?
I have owned TC Ditto 2 and Boss RC 20 loop pedals.The Ditto 2 was oK and fairly straightforward,the RC 20 ,just too complex.

Sold them and now own a cheap Lekato loop pedal. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very easy to use and sounds just fine.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:19 AM

In my opinion the looper with the best balance of size/features/price is the Pigtronix Infinity 2:

https://www.pigtronix.com/pedals/inf...double-looper/

This is very small 2 track looper with a focus on sequential looping with no limits on the length of each track, ie. each loop is as long or short as you want it to be; they're not some multiple of each other. For us folks who use these pedals for more than one song section, this is a really well thought out looper, and it has a surprising amount of functionality for such a small, uncomplicated footprint.

This looper can be used for the normal record/overdub/undo/stop thing but it's strength IMO is using it as a sequential looper. When one of the tracks/loops is playing, hitting the other track button at any time during playback will start recording/playback on the other track when the one you're listening to ends. I like this sort of functionality, as there is no need for precise foot-switch timing and you can move from one song section to another.

Additionally, you can connect an EHX Triple Foot Controller for more single tap options:

https://www.ehx.com/products/triple-foot-controller/
Old 03-14-2024, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

reviving an old thread here. I use a Ditto X2. I definitely like the two button feature for stops. I just use it to loop a phrase then solo over it or i bash out a beat on the guitar box and use that as a basic beat to help fill the song out.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgavin View Post
Pigtronix Infinity Looper with the optional 2-button footswitch.
This is what I use. Bought one right before they disappeared - for somewhere around $150. Great deal at that price.

2018 Furch D31TSR
2008 Martin OMCRE
1992 Takamine EAN20C
1996 Fender Telecaster w/ Barden Nashville set
1986 Charvel Model 5
2005 Art & Lutherie Ami
1980ish Hohner copy of a 'burst
Old 03-14-2024, 06:07 PM
Charter Member

Was researching reviews and videos of Boss loopers available at a local store, and discovered some very new ones featuring Ed Sheeran's Looper X. It's twice the price of the most expensive Boss model, but after viewing them and seeing what it's capable of, along with the design and format, I ordered one from Sweetwater. Haven't had time to do more than unbox it and update the firmware (which went very smoothly), but so far am really impressed by the rugged design, build quality, and features.

https://sheeranloopers.com

This is the most thorough video I found.
https://youtu.be/jncvcv1vkg8
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 03-15-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannx View Post
Was researching reviews and videos of Boss loopers available at a local store, and discovered some very new ones featuring Ed Sheeran's Looper X. It's twice the price of the most expensive Boss model, but after viewing them and seeing what it's capable of, along with the design and format, I ordered one from Sweetwater. Haven't had time to do more than unbox it and update the firmware (which went very smoothly), but so far am really impressed by the rugged design, build quality, and features.

https://sheeranloopers.com

This is the most thorough video I found.
https://youtu.be/jncvcv1vkg8
That's a serious piece of kit!

I checked out a few videos when they first came out, but wondered how many folks would actually purchase a Looper X. My initial thought was that the smaller Sheeran Looper + might have more of an appeal to folks who like to loop but don't often enter into "Ed Sheeran" territory.

Please do post a video when you get accustomed to all the bells and whistles the Looper X offers!

THIS short "official" video is the only one I've seen that shows a bit of what's under the hood.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
That's a serious piece of kit!

I checked out a few videos when they first came out, but wondered how many folks would actually purchase a Looper X. My initial thought was that the smaller Sheeran Looper + might have more of an appeal to folks who like to loop but don't often enter into "Ed Sheeran" territory.

Please do post a video when you get accustomed to all the bells and whistles the Looper X offers!

THIS short "official" video is the only one I've seen that shows a bit of what's under the hood.
Sheeran Looper X is powered by headrush. I've got the headrush looper and its one powerful looper so I'm sure the sheeran will have simular tech.

Billy
Old 03-17-2024, 12:24 AM

This is a good demo of the Sheeran X. Talented guy, too.

https://youtu.be/kqGARZ68ebQ?feature=shared
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------
Old 03-17-2024, 01:33 AM
Charter Member

I have the Electro Harmonic Stereo 720 on a couple pedal boards and it gets the most use.

I also have the EH Stereo 1440 which has more storage slots and some other features I don't use.

Lastly, I have a couple Boss RC 500's. I got the second one for my electric guitar pedalboard. It has a ton of features that I have learned I will never use.
The footswitches on this looper are on a slant and for some reason, I frequently fail to engage the foot switch exactly. It has happened often enough that I appear like an amateur. I came back to using the Electro Harmonic Stereo 720 loopers. They are small, sound great, have two footswitches which are essential for live looping, and they are easy to use.

Caveats: The EH Stereo 1440 has a tempo knob and if you bump it after recording a loop, it will change the pitch if the playback is faster or slower. So if you are jamming along with a pre-recorded loop or plan to layer, the tempo needs to be identical to where it was set when the loop was recorded. I've nudged the tempo knob accidentally a couple of times and it's very annoying when I suddenly sound out of tune. Just something to be aware of. The added storage slots however are nice versus the Stereo 720. But sonically they sound the same and recording, overdubbing, layering, stopping is all the same on either looper.

Here is one of my current pedal boards:

Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 03-19-2024, 07:58 AM

I’ve had great use of boss RC 30 looper
1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2002 Taylor 310CE
2008 Martin OMC16REP
2013 Taylor 816CE
2016 Kindred OM
Little Martin travel guitar
Taylor GS mini
Red eye preamp
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Fishman soloamp
Bose L1M2 B2 sub
Vintage boss pedals
Www.strummingtunes.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification