The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-18-2024, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
Is there a manual mute on the back of the 30m/50m? It seems that if you say use it on a Friday night with the app and mute things at the end of the night, that when you turn on the mixer on Saturday (without engaging the app), that it remains muted from the previous use, and that you have to load the app to unmute. A manual mute would be nice as I rarely use the app when playing solo, rather I just change the volume on the back control depending on the venue.
I previously said Yes, you can mute on the back panel using what they call the DSP control. But I think I'm mistaken. I think was confusing a proper mute action with just turning the volume all the way to zero. Apologies.

Last edited by Chriscom; 03-18-2024 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Yes, you can mute on the back panel using what they call the DSP control. I never muck around back there unless something is amiss and I'm trying to diagnose--I hate menu-diving.

I think you're correct that it remembers the last settings you had during shut-down and recalls them when you light it up again. (You can save scenes if you want to start with certain settings every time). That means you can do what you want to do--perform, mute at night's end, shut down, turn it on again, mutes should still be in place and un-mute available on DSP.

(But just to be clear about my own panic event, I never dive into the Speaker settings, again, unless something is amiss. I set it to Live mode when I first got the unit and that's it. That sucker turned itself down to zero lol, as others have reported on occasion. Of course I do have all my channels and main muted on power-up, and unmute/mute as needed.)
Thanks--is there a function on the back dsp menu that is labeled mute/unmute? Can't find that.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
Thanks--is there a function on the back dsp menu that is labeled mute/unmute? Can't find that.
I don't have my 30m close, but I checked on my Everse 8 which is basically the same controls and there isn't a mute/unmute switch on the unit itself. However the app is so easy to use and the mute function is right there, I will never use the controls on the back of the speaker to do anything other than turn it off and on.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-18-2024, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
I don't have my 30m close, but I checked on my Everse 8 which is basically the same controls and there isn't a mute/unmute switch on the unit itself. However the app is so easy to use and the mute function is right there, I will never use the controls on the back of the speaker to do anything other than turn it off and on.
Thanks—I r gotten to where I only use the control on the back to adjust the volume on my solo shows so I don’t need the app. Different story when I host an open mic. I’m going to try to unmute my “solo show” preset and turn the unit off and see if it recall the unmuted status.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
You know, I think you're right---I think I confused just turning the volume all the way down to zero--which does engage the "mute" indicator on the DSP as well as the app--as a proper mute function. I'll edit my post.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification