The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Default $70 Off Year Subscription to Artistworks - Opinions?

Been wanting to sign up for Bryan Sutton's Artistworks lessons. Looks like this would be a good time to do so.

Anyone here taking/taken his lessons, I have heard nothing but good things.

Thanks!

Last edited by sjm1580; 02-23-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:33 AM

I'm taking his course. I recommend it.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar View Post
I'm taking his course. I recommend it.
Do you mind me asking, beginner, intermediate, etc.? I've only been playing for 6 months and curious if this is the best way to go online?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2019, 07:53 AM

I've been doing the Bryan Sutton guitar course on Artistworks for 2-3 years and I like it a lot. I have gotten a lot of value out of the course and my playing has gotten better. Signing up for a year is a commitment of course, but if you think of what the equivalent number of private lessons would cost, it's a pretty good deal. If you're looking to improve your bluegrass playing, I doubt you will be disappointed.

I don't think it really matters if you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced. You will be able to figure out where you belong so just start watching the videos. I would say if you decide to submit a video for a particular lesson, watch the other videos people submitted for that lesson, and watch Bryan's responses to those videos as well so you know what he's looking for. Make a note that it's your first submission (not sure if he can easily see that you're new).

-------------------------------------------------
2009 '69 Thinline Telecaster
2006 Gibson AJ
2001 Gibson J-50
1970's Baldwin/Ode banjo
1940 Harmony Patrician
1940 Harmony resonator
1930's Kalamazoo KG-11
Old 02-24-2019, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw1300 View Post
I've been doing the Bryan Sutton guitar course on Artistworks for 2-3 years and I like it a lot. I have gotten a lot of value out of the course and my playing has gotten better. Signing up for a year is a commitment of course, but if you think of what the equivalent number of private lessons would cost, it's a pretty good deal. If you're looking to improve your bluegrass playing, I doubt you will be disappointed.

I don't think it really matters if you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced. You will be able to figure out where you belong so just start watching the videos. I would say if you decide to submit a video for a particular lesson, watch the other videos people submitted for that lesson, and watch Bryan's responses to those videos as well so you know what he's looking for. Make a note that it's your first submission (not sure if he can easily see that you're new).
Thank you for the response. I did sign up and had the chance to go through 8 lessons in the beginning section. The lessons are extremely well done. So glad I signed up.

Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion