The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-29-2024, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

Default Pat Metheny DreamBox Tour

My honey and I saw Pat solo at the Orpheum theater in New Orleans two weeks ago. It was wonderful, four rows from the stage. Pat set a warm and intimate atmosphere surrounding just superb playing, a true virtuoso in our time. The concert was 90% acoustic with one song played on the Pikasso and one on his Ibanez signature arch top as well as a couple of songs backed up by the amazing Orchestrion. The best part was how talkative he was with the audience. It really made the evening special to feel so connected.

This was a bucket list/must do for me as he hardly ever comes to New Orleans so thankful I finally got the opportunity to see him.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

Last edited by SprintBob; 04-01-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Went to the Metheny concert in Ridgefield last Tuesday—the concert was just as Bob described. Just a monster talent. For the Pat Metheny fans out there, if the tour passes nearby, it’s definitely worth going to.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN