The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Default endpin pre-amps

Needed to replace my gigging pickup at short notice and on alow budget. A friend of mine uses a headway snake. I really liked it and managed to get myself one for a good price.

It's on order but it has exposed a blind spot in my pickup knowledge.

I am struggling to wrap my head around how an endpin preamp works and how you work it.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:00 PM

There's not much too it. It's more an impedance buffer and signal boost more than anything else. Some have tone circuitry as well. Nothing to work. Once installed, it's plug and play. The only thing to be aware of is that since it's an active pickup, when you're not playing it, you'll want to unplug it or you'll drain the battery.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberkowitz View Post
There's not much too it. It's more an impedance buffer and signal boost more than anything else. Some have tone circuitry as well. Nothing to work. Once installed, it's plug and play. The only thing to be aware of is that since it's an active pickup, when you're not playing it, you'll want to unplug it or you'll drain the battery.
Cheers David. It all makes sense now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification