The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-15-2015, 12:31 PM

Default DTAR Solstice Noise

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with their DTAR Solstice making static noise? A few months ago, the sound person at my church told me it was making enough noise that they couldn't turn it up very loud. I don't remember having this issue before... could it just be a grounding issue or a loose connection? Thanks!
-1936 Gibson L-50
Old 12-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imamooc View Post
Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with their DTAR Solstice making static noise? A few months ago, the sound person at my church told me it was making enough noise that they couldn't turn it up very loud. I don't remember having this issue before... could it just be a grounding issue or a loose connection? Thanks!
Hi imamooc…

Never have experienced noise.

I'm assuming you've trouble-shot your personal cables, the output cable from the DTAR, the snake input connector, the inputs at the board, checked for dirty pots etc? I'd be asking if the static was constant, or intermittent.

If you have not personally heard the noise, I'd try to reproduce it into an amp or home system if for no other reason than locating or eliminating parts of your personal end of things as the issue.

There are several sources of static possible, so some extensive troubleshooting (at a time other than rehearsal) is recommended.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 12-18-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi imamooc…

Never have experienced noise.

I'm assuming you've trouble-shot your personal cables, the output cable from the DTAR, the snake input connector, the inputs at the board, checked for dirty pots etc? I'd be asking if the static was constant, or intermittent.

If you have not personally heard the noise, I'd try to reproduce it into an amp or home system if for no other reason than locating or eliminating parts of your personal end of things as the issue.

There are several sources of static possible, so some extensive troubleshooting (at a time other than rehearsal) is recommended.

I checked at home and it sure seems fine... hopefully it's just a cable or something at my church and not the Solstice itself. Thanks for the help!
-1936 Gibson L-50
Old 12-18-2015, 10:34 PM

I've never had my solstice make noises like that.

My first suspects would be bad cables or a bad input on the mixing board. From there I'd check out grounding issues or issues with power cords running close/parallel to the audio runs.

Its probably just something like that.

1927 Martin 00-21
1986 Fender Strat
1987 Ibanez RG560
1988 Fender Fretless J Bass
1991 Washburn HB-35s
1995 Taylor 812ce
1996 Taylor 510c (custom)
1996 Taylor 422-R (Limited Edition)
1997 Taylor 810-WMB (Limited Edition)
1998 Taylor 912c (Custom)
2019 Fender Tele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification