The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
I know it's only been a day since I ordered the guitar, but I'm going crazy wanting it to be here already.
LOL same here. Then I keep checking tracking to see where it is. Like that matters. Actually it hurts cos I keep imagining what the climate conditions are like and worrying.

I'm spending most of my time looking at upgrades. Already ordered new tuners lol. Also gathering as many setup specs as I can find since Esteve doesn't even have its own website lol.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin View Post
LOL same here. Then I keep checking tracking to see where it is. Like that matters. Actually it hurts cos I keep imagining what the climate conditions are like and worrying.

I'm spending most of my time looking at upgrades. Already ordered new tuners lol. Also gathering as many setup specs as I can find since Esteve doesn't even have its own website lol.
Here's something inspirational.

Simon Dinnigan - The Miller's Dance (Manuel de Falla): http://youtu.be/aS2JGKj3KN4

P.S. - whoever runs this forum needs to implement YouTube embedding, its almost 2013 ffs
Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin View Post

Yeah it's really killing me.
You would think that after not playing for 50 years, I could wait a week without going crazy about getting a guitar.
I hope they've sent it out by now.
It's a beautiful thing to hold In your hand, like a woman waiting to be stroked right before you make love to her.
G
Tuners?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Default Cordoba C5

Cordoba C5 is a great choice.

The problem with going with manufacturers like Guild, Walden, etc... is that you are buying an after thought... They make steel string guitars. 99% of what they sell is steel string. Its very different construction from nylon string guitars.
Cordoba, Orpheus Valley, Cervantes are all nylon string makers. They do it right.
Spanish heel, traditional fan bracing, thinner tops...
Old 09-24-2012, 08:47 PM

Default It's here.

Thought it would never get here, but it did, and I love it.
It's a thing of beauty. Sounds wonderful, and I've learned two things so far,
To tune by ear,
And my fingers don't work for S--T.
My left hand cramped up after all of 3min.
My right hand feels like its retarded.
I got two fingers on the right hand that work a little.
Even if I never learn to play, the guitar looks great as a center piece for my coffee table.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical