The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM

Default Replaced my ES ver.2 with a Mi-Si Align XT - Fantastic Sound

I just wanted to let you all know that I replaced the Taylor ES ver.2 with a Mi-Si Align XT. It has the under saddle LR Baggs Element pickup attached to it. The sound is fantastic and I don't have to mess with the pressure on the little round pickups that press against the saddle. The preamp plugs right into the 4 pin cable of the ES system and the volume, bass and treble controls work well. Just take the battery out of the holder because you won't need it any longer. Let me know if you have any questions about the install. I did it myself.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:24 AM

I never knew this existed! I know you have the Es2 I have an Es1 in a 514 nylon, I would really be interested in moving over to this, as I'm not thrilled with the stock electronics, I didn't see a mention of es1 verses es2, so wondering if the setup/install would be the same, did you have to modify anything? did you keep the stock controls, or did you have replace? sounds like you used the same ones.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I never knew this existed! I know you have the Es2 I have an Es1 in a 514 nylon, I would really be interested in moving over to this, as I'm not thrilled with the stock electronics, I didn't see a mention of es1 verses es2, so wondering if the setup/install would be the same, did you have to modify anything? did you keep the stock controls, or did you have replace? sounds like you used the same ones.
It's been around for several years now. Painless replacement for the ES system: https://www.elderly.com/mi-si-align-...kup-system.htm
Old 03-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Man View Post
It's been around for several years now. Painless replacement for the ES system: https://www.elderly.com/mi-si-align-...kup-system.htm
I know!!! crazy! I picked up on that when I started to search for info links.

apparently, I need to get out more.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:11 PM

It will only work on the ES that has the flat 4 pin connector that comes from the end pin housing. The other one that won't work looks like a network connector or larger phone jack plug.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:34 PM

I purchased mine from Blue Star Music.
https://www.bluestarmusic.com/Mi-Si-...rs_p_2478.html
$159.95 free shipping
Old 03-23-2019, 08:44 PM

Default One Modification

One mod MiSi didn't mention in the instructions:
The shafts on the MiSi pots are shorter than the ones on the Taylor preamp. When I first installed the MiSi preamp the original knobs didn't have much to hold onto. So I had to sand the plastic spacer on the preamp side just a little bit. If you do it too much you'll also have to sand on the sleeves that go from the outside into the inside for tightening. I hope that makes sense!
Old 10-01-2023, 09:08 AM

Default Does ES system completely come out?

If you install the MiSi system, can you leave the Taylor saddle sensor system in place so as not to leave three holes in the bridge?
Old 10-01-2023, 10:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Man View Post
556__'''-&&_&&'''''-'5&_&__'
Minerva 0 12 fret
Edwinson Falcon 0 cutaway, sapele/spruce
Edwinson Zephyr 00 cutaway, koa/spruce
Taylor 612-C Maple Grand Concert (1997)
Taylor 612-CE Maple Grand Concert (1999)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification