The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-19-2019, 11:52 AM

Default REWARD OFFERED STOLEN 77 GIBSON DOVE SERIAL NUMBER 06143119

This guitar was fraudulently acquired through falsified Paypal emails. The item was shipped to Tucson Arizona but could be anywhere at this point. It has a Natural Top and the serial number is 06143119. This is a 1977 model and it had a newer style Gibson Hardshell case wwith a black interior. There is wear around the soundhole and pickguard, and it had a Dimarzio Angel under-saddle type pickup installed with an endpin jack connection. A substantial monetary reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of this guitar. The link below is from when it was advertised for sale on Reverb...Please help if you can. God bless.
https://reverb.com/item/18510816-gib...ne-hummingbird
Old 02-19-2019, 02:51 PM

Sadly others on here have been scammed in similar fashion with the fake paypal and Tucson address. I hope they find the perps.
Eastman AC-GACE2 2016
Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Man that sucks and I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. Would be nice to have more details on how the perps pulled off this scam so the rest of us can be on guard. Either way, I sure hope you find the guitar man. Best of luck.

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 PM

A disgrace! Very sorry.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:03 AM
Formerly "PastorSteve"

Ouch. Unfortunately we've discussed, many times, herein about these scams. Never ship anything until the money is in your bank account. As Rhythm asked, how did this happen? The things I do prior to shipping are: 1) Verify the money is in my PayPal account and then transfer it to my bank account prior to shipping. 2) I research the ship to address on Google Maps and/or assessor records to verify the recipient is indeed at that address and that it isn't a warehouse, mail drop or similar. 3) I speak to the buyer on the phone to make sure I have a good phone number as well as the verified address and money in the bank. Lastly, I require a verified signature on any shipment to show it was received at the ship to address using only Reverb shipping (when selling on Reverb) so that I'm protected. They provide the ship to address and recipient name so that if there is an issue with the Reverb shipping - I am covered.

FOR SALE: Breedlove Frontier Concerto E, all Mahogany

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion