The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 02-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Default Harpejji anyone?

Since there was the recent topic posted on Chapman stick I thought I'd post one for Harpejji. I happened to see Stevie Wonder playing one and was blown away by what it can do in good hands. I remember Stevie doing "Superstition".

Here's Stevie describing and playing Harpejji on Late Night (Colbert):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6zRfQpYOwQ

Toto's Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0q6oBmZxo

Last edited by Rudy4; 02-07-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:31 AM

Default Hapejeii

I’ve had the opportunity to play all of their models. What sets this apart from other tapping instruments is its engineered to isolate every note. You do not get any crosstalk from the other strings while playing. If I recall correctly, fretting a note completes an electrical circuit. Double check me on that if anyone is serious about these. No open strings, and strumming it is difficult if you want to add an extra element in your playing. They sound great, but I just could not get comfortable playing any of them. I know a couple of players that love them. The ability to play left to right like a piano, plus slide a note fore and aft is another aspect making this instrument unique. You can’t do that on a guitar or keyboard withou effects. It’s not too difficult to learn either. In a few minutes I was able to improvise with some of my friends playing together. I wasn’t playing anything that great, but enough to show me it’s not terribly hard to learn. They are not cheap though.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:20 AM

Have always wanted to try one. Have never seen one in person and the price, ouch. Very cool instrument though.
91 Taylor K15C Koa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments