The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-12-2021, 08:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2020 Greenfield G2, Reserve Brazilian Rosewood/Alpine Moonspruce

This guitar took center stage the second we opened the MainStage case. I mean, c’mon, with a Michael Greenfield G2 from 2020 we expected no less! Michael’s handwork is flawless, and his instruments showcase it to perfection. The curves of this G2 are inviting, with a Florentine Cutaway and Laskin-style arm bevel on top, and the body woods both come from Greenfield’s private reserve tonewood treasure trove. This Brazilian Rosewood is chocolate-dark and deceptively straight-grained. We’d have thought we were looking at an instrument from the 20s were it not for the pinless bridge, EVO frets, carved heel swoosh on the Honduran Mahogany neck—well, maybe we wouldn’t mistake it for a prewar Martin after all. On top Michael voiced a reserve set of Alpine Moonspruce for maximum balance, elegance, and power. This G2 excels as a fingerstyle guitar. It also excels with a pick. The tone ties bass, mids, and trebles together in a balanced chord that’s characterized by clear note definition and sustain.
A piece of functional art, built for longevity. This is a lifetime, heirloom Greenfield G2.

"What can you say about Michael Greenfield, he’s simply one of the best builders on the planet and has the unique ability to get big, fat, rich tone out of every guitar that he makes. I love his designs, the aesthetic and most of all the sound it makes me smile from ear to ear." - Paul Heumiller

Price: $24,720

For more information please visit:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
dream, greenfield, guitars, reserve