The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-25-2020, 02:08 AM

Default Yairi FYM Honduran series vs Martin 000/OM

Hi there guys,
I recently got to play Yairi FYM60/66HD wonderful guitarS, and I must say I just enjoyed every moment. It was so much fun to play it that I just found myself sitting and playing just simple chords - everything sounded good on these guitars.
I would also like to try Martin's series, which is in another city far away from my location.
I was thinking of trying the 000-15, 000-17, 000-28. Has anyone tried them out compared to Yairi's FYM guitars?
Old 11-26-2020, 05:01 AM

Hello Zeldoom,

I own the FYM66HD. I love it. Feels and sounds great IMO. I can't compare the specific models that you asked about, but I do own Martins 00-28 and 000-18. The Yairi is my favorite of the three, overall. But not by much. I love its lower end tone. The 00-28 has the edge with fingerstyle. I think it sounds crisper, but, again, not by much.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:09 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj the Smiler View Post
Hello Zeldoom,

I own the FYM66HD. I love it. Feels and sounds great IMO. I can't compare the specific models that you asked about, but I do own Martins 00-28 and 000-18. The Yairi is my favorite of the three, overall. But not by much. I love its lower end tone. The 00-28 has the edge with fingerstyle. I think it sounds crisper, but, again, not by much.
Thank you so much for your answer!

I haven't tried the martins yet but I know the Martin 000/OM-28 is made of rosewood on the sides and back as opposed to the mahogany of the FYM60/66HD.
I was very impressed with Yairi's two guitars but could not choose what to buy. On the one hand, the FYM66HD is very magical, unique .. a very intimate sound.
On the other hand, the spruce top of the FYM60HD produces a very sharp, clear, and pure sound.
I feel that maybe the FYM60HD is more versatile but on the other hand, the FYM66HD has more specialness and charm that is special for full-body mahogany.
Have you also heard the FYM60HD?
Old 11-26-2020, 08:19 PM

My favorite guitar is a Yairi DYMR70 a Masterworks companion of the guitar you've got interest in. An absolutely great guitar with wonderful build and sound. However, Martins are more likely to hold value. If you choose Yairi, plan on keeping it. Honestly, there aren't many used Masterworks floating around, so people might be liking them.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldoom View Post
Have you also heard the FYM60HD?
I have not, but I would sure love to!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
martin, yairi