The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 12-05-2022, 09:12 AM

Default Prefix Stereo Blender

Hi all,

I have a Taylor 614ce. It is older and has the Fishman prefix stereo blender.

The electronics have been periodically introducing noise which is making recording very difficult. I have to listen through the entire track and redo if all of a sudden there is noise killing the recording.

I'm exploring options. For example, is there a Modern replacement system that will work without need a luthier to modify the guitar?

I replaced the battery and checked connections, is there anything else I should try?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:04 PM

Bump

I couldn't possibly be the only one who ever ran into this!

I think I'll just rip the electronics out and throw a Mr Microphone in the hole!
Old 12-08-2022, 06:59 PM

Try calling Taylor customer service. Be aware that during this time of the year they may not be there every day. I would also check with Fishman since they made the blender for Taylor
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 12-09-2022, 05:38 PM

it would appear as if they are still being made...rather pricey IMHO, but still at the very least available...

now, I have no idea of whether or not it would be a direct drop in replacement for your Taylor but I'd bet you can use a measuring tool to compare dimensions

fixing yours might be as simple as cleaning up the electronics with the appropriate substance
Old 12-09-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
Try calling Taylor customer service. Be aware that during this time of the year they may not be there every day. I would also check with Fishman since they made the blender for Taylor
That's a good idea. Chances are they won't have any answers but it can't hurt to try.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Piddly View Post
it would appear as if they are still being made...rather pricey IMHO, but still at the very least available...

now, I have no idea of whether or not it would be a direct drop in replacement for your Taylor but I'd bet you can use a measuring tool to compare dimensions

fixing yours might be as simple as cleaning up the electronics with the appropriate substance
I'm pretty sure they are a different size. The newer version being smaller.

There are two wires coming out of the box. I'm going to try downloading the documentation on it. Maybe there will be some clues as far as how to maintain it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair