The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Default To Be Continued.....

Hi Everyone!

I am back at the AGF after a month of recovery, and trying to get my voice back into shape to post more recordings. Last month, surprising to me and everyone else I know, I sufferred a heart attack. I went to the ER at the local hospital and they informed me that I, in fact, had a heart attack. I was admitted that night and they subsequently did an angiogram to see what the condition of my heart was. The Cardiologist said I had four blockages in my heart and they had to do bypass surgery, which they did on Easter Sunday. Six days later, I was released from the hospital to recouperate.

It has now been a month since the surgery, and I am feeling much better. The first three weeks were very difficult with alot of pain and discomfort, but that is all behind me now.

I am 47 years old, and there is a strong hereditary disposition for heart disease in my family. The odd thing is, my mother was exactly the same age when she had bypass surgery.

This whole experience has had an enormous impact on my life in every conceivable way, including my ability to sing. I am singing every day as my lungs are becoming stronger, the last thing I seem to be able to do is falsetto, but it is coming back slowly, these things can't be rushed, it takes time. I am walking more and more distance each day as I heal and eating right. I have also lost 25 pounds, which I could not do before the surgery. All I did before was retain alot of water.

So, I will be checking in to the AGF more and more as I heal and get my voice back in shape. I look forward to interacting with all of you again!

Rick
Old 04-22-2008, 05:25 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that, but, on the positive side it sounds like you are getting better. Hang in there and don't try to rush anything. Hope you continue to feel better and better.

MostlyElectric

Acoustic

Martin D18 (1970), Yamaha LS6
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM

Wow Rick! I've been wondering whatever happened to you. I've missed your song submissions. That is shocking for you to be so young and have that happen. Younger than me! Time to schedule my physical.

I'm glad you are back with us and best wishes for your continued recovery.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:33 PM

Rick,

Glad to see you're back, and that the worst is behind you. Speedy recovery, and we're all looking forward to your next song posting.

Bob
Old 04-22-2008, 06:01 PM

Rick, oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you, but I am glad to hear things are looking up for you and your family. Take care of yourself and let us know how your rehabilitation comes along...................I'll be praying for you!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Wow Rick, what a shock. Hope you are feeling better everyday. It sounds like your on the road to recovering very well and I hope you stay that way! Keep us posted on your progress!
Russ
Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Bummer Rick...
I'll pray for your return to playing and singing full-strength when you come to mind.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Wow Rick. I'm very glad you're on the mend and I look forward to hearing that great voice of yours again.

www.davidgreen.bandcamp.com
Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM

Wow Rick, sorry to hear that, but the attack was probably a blessing in disguise. Thankfully it was big enough to get your attention but not so big as to do anything worse.

Keep recovering(but don't over-do it)!!

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Rick, I hate to hear of such problems for someone so young! Keep at it and get those fingers and voice back in shape! I'm new on the forum and will look forward to hearing your music!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM

Rick, I was sorry to hear of this happening to you!! I hope you are feeling better and come back at it soon. I've enjoyed what I have heard you post and look forward to hearing you again!! Get well soon!!!

I'm about the same age as you.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Wow, that's a shock! I'm glad to hear your positive attitude happening, though. I pray you recover swiftly and smoothly.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Charter Member

Welcome back Rick. You'll be fine - those docs do amazing things.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Wow Rick, glad you are still here with us. That was a close one. Good to see you back.

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 04-22-2008, 09:20 PM

Rick,

Welcome back and glad to hear you are recovering. You sound like you are in good spirits. Hoping you will continue to feel stronger every day.

Looking forward to reading your posts and especially looking forward to the day when you start posting links to your recordings again.

Best regards,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell