The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-27-2022, 08:01 AM

I opened the thread expecting to read a fun NGD post. All these shipping horror stories are starting to become way too frequent. Sorry about your guitar damage. I hope that soon it’s nothing more than a distant memory.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Smile Waaaaa….

Due to various minor shipping damages this is going back to JK to see what it needs. Sigh.

Tim Luranc says that is what needs to happen, and he knows about repairs after ending his LONG career as Senior Repair Tech at Taylor, El Cajon for many years.

I am sure John will get it whipped in to ship-shape, but probably not until after B.I.G.

It appears that it got extremely hot in a Texas warehouse for two or three days in some unexplained shipping delay. Then my guess is, the well packed shipping carton fell on its face, as the guitar has some small owies, but fortunately no big ones!

Thank Goodness I have three other fantastic John Kinnaird Super Customs to tide me over for a good long while! I count my blessings every day, and John’s guitars are up there on my list!

Meanwhile, I will continue to drool over everybody’s groovy custom builds…

Thank you all for hanging in there with John and me on this thread, (and all the fine things AGF does)

On the fence about the B.I.G. Fiesta in Texas??? Go, and you will be glad you did. Say hi to John for me!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 07-28-2022 at 07:25 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop