The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Looking for Beginner visual guitar playing site

I am looking for a good site to assist me in learning to play the guitar. I would prefer it to be visual, so that they walk me through the lesson with an actual instructor. I understand I will need to pay, but it will be worth it.

thank you

P.s.... Just bought my first guitar today. Its a BlueRidge BR-160C. You all were a very big help with your advice, through the buying process. I must have spent 12 hours researching, before I made the decision. Guess I am a little slow.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 PM

There are alot of materials out there. If you tell us something about the style you hope to play ( Folk, Praise and Worship, Bluegrass, Singer-Songwriter, acoustic rock,....) that might help to focus the advice.

I know you mentioned websites but since you say you are visual here's some DVD based material.....

http://www.homespuntapes.com/prodpg/...D=809&prodType=

I liked using this video series as I was starting out ( only 5 years ago )......

"Let's lute the city", said the minstrels.

Oftentimes the only result I get from a thought experiment is a messed up lab.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion