The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I watched Breaking Bad a few years ago. It's a slow burn but it's a great show. Once you finish the series you can watch the movie, 'El Camino'.

In case you're unaware, Better Call Saul was released after Breaking Bad ended and it's a prequel about the lawyer in the show. It too is a great show.
Great - I'll make a point of watching it next. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I recently started Breaking Bad - I imagine I'm a little late to the party with this one!

It's quite gripping but very bleak. It reminds me rather of Ozark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
Only one episode of Better Call Saul left. Excited but sad itís almost over.
"Breaking Bad" is my second favorite show of all-time, sandwiched between "The Sopranos" and "The Americans." But in many ways, I enjoy "Better Call Saul" as much, if not more than BB. The writing and directing is superb on both shows, but there is a more human element contained within BCS.

I just watched the penultimate episode of BCS last night and bittersweet to watch the series finale next week.
Old Today, 01:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsehockey View Post
Same here. Just finished watching Woodstock 99. I think it showed what a good barometer it was in revealing 30 years of cultural change since 1969. Woodstock 99 was all about corporate greed and nihilism. Stunning carnage. It’s fairly disturbing to hear some of the attendees say that they had “the time of their lives.” Really?
"Disturbing" is a fitting word here. "Trainwreck" is what the producers came up with. It just feels like a wake-up call. Documented. For all to see. A nightmare waiting to happen.

Last edited by Jobe; Today at 01:30 AM.
Old Today, 02:03 AM

Woodstock '99 happened just prior to the first Coachella festival. Talk about your opposites in how to manage a festival. I attended Coachella for 14 consecutive years (2004-2017), and with the exception of 2010 (their first year with wristbands, instead of tickets), it was extremely well run (venue, vendors, lineup, set times, parking, water availability, etc.).

BTW, I saw 10-17 artists (full or split sets; avg 14-15/day) during my 36 days spent in the desert. That's over 500 artists performing live music (inc. repeats). Some of the best weekends of my life.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic