The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-21-2023, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

I did receive the survey. Unfortunately I purchased a Flow 5 string bass in 2015 and had to wait 9 months for delivery as they were making a new mould. This is a product they don't advertise anymore which is a shame. It is the best bass I have ever owned and I have owned many.

I did complete the survey and had to answer Balor 5 string bass as you had to answer one type of product. Many questions did not pertain to my experience but I answered the best I could. My Experience with Emerald has been outstanding. The product is simply the best. -- Darwin
Old 02-21-2023, 01:51 PM

As someone who did not receive the survey, I am hoping a number of those who did will put a short scale X20 as a standard offerring when asked about what Emerald should consider ��
Old 02-21-2023, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
As someone who did not receive the survey, I am hoping a number of those who did will put a short scale X20 as a standard offerring when asked about what Emerald should consider ��
I did that. And suggested a 12-fret short scale by moving the nut aft rather than the bridge forward, and to change the builder so it shows what's happening when you change the scale length.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I did that. And suggested a 12-fret short scale by moving the nut aft rather than the bridge forward, and to change the builder so it shows what's happening when you change the scale length.
I just found my survey under an older email address. I echoed the call for a 12-fret short-scale X20 - while it’s unlikely I’d buy one, I think it makes all kinds of sense for Emerald to offer that configuration as a standard offering.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-21-2023, 04:01 PM

At the top of my wish list is a redesign of the right handed Amicus similar to the lefty.

I realize though that this is not just a simple customization. I would require a brand new mould.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 02-21-2023, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
At the top of my wish list is a redesign of the right handed Amicus similar to the lefty.

I realize though that this is not just a simple customization. I would require a brand new mould.
I’d like them to redo the r/h Amicus as well - not that I’d buy another one just to get the new body, but to get its aesthetics more in line with (most of) the rest of the range.

The other thing I’d love to see is a more modestly priced Kestrel. IIRC, they were around $3k when first introduced; now they start around $4k. Maybe with a flat headstock instead of the slots, Gotohs instead of Schertlers, and a simpler tailpiece… I can dream, and I did ask
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber